Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Inspection and the passenger door

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Chas
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspection and the passenger door

So I've been told that in the state of virginia, to pass inspection I need to be able to open my passenger door from the outside. Right now i cannot because the frail little metal ring that holds the "pushrod" of sorts broke.

Yay...now I get to find one of those. Anyone know where (besides ebay) I can find the hardware to a passenger side exterior door handle?

Oh, and on a side note. I just replaced my visor clips (that had broken), and last night, one just mysteriously broke!!! ugh! Why are these clips so cheap?!?

Oh yeah, and my seat is getting pretty worn...anyone have an extra one of those.

Lol i can just keep thinking of things that need to be replaced, but I guess these are the three most obvious ones right now :-)
Old 09-19-2006, 09:55 AM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

Porsche dealership broke my visor clips or at leaste they thought they did, and bought new visor clips for me!

I could get the part # for you?
Old 09-19-2006, 11:32 AM
ApexCars
Pro

Why would you have to be able to open a door from the outside to pass a safety inspection. I can see not being able to open it from the inside in case of a fire could be bad, but the outside? I guess the early Dodge Vipers are not legal in VA, they didn't even have exterior door handles. I would say roll down passenger window and take it to the inspection station. Ask them if it will pass the way it is, (you can reach thru the window to open it from the outside) if they say no, get it fixed ASAP, if it is OK then you can wait on the handle.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:38 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Being able to open the passenger door make sure that car jackers can get to you easier.

Quick Reply: Inspection and the passenger door