Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Al, yep, that was my initial point
Old 09-21-2006, 02:25 AM
AL951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Russell!

Yeah I know, things are really not that complicated, but in this forums this can be interrpred in different ways. And then everything gets out of wack!

Russell, I'm is till saving for those chips, hopefully I will call you soon, take care.

Regards,
AL
Old 09-21-2006, 02:28 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andial951
So exhaust pressure is highest at lower rpms?
Hey Roger,

I just saw this post stuck in there. Exhaust pressure is a combination of boost and backpressure. Backpressure being the pressure in this case built between the header and the turbo. And I'm actually glad this thread came up because it did give me an idea about your situation, before you tear everything apart to swap turbos try a bigger cross over pipe. That increases the volume and reduces the pressure.

Again, I still don't know that would do it, it's a suggestion. But I'm there are other people who know for SURE if your #6 hotside can in any way be made to work with your 2.8L and your head. It would be nice if somebody that really could help with that determination would do so.

Regards,
Russell
Old 09-21-2006, 09:30 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AL951
It is hard to agree on some of this terms that are the cause for internal engine damage Like "lifting the head"," blowing the HG". The true is that running countinous high RPM ,like 7K all the time it is bad idea on the stock engine. I think most of us can agree to that. Regarless of the cause, it is BAD.
Regards,
AL
Ding!!! Ding!! Ding!

and we are almost back on topic...
Old 09-21-2006, 10:05 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Default Ok kill this morning and some wheel hop

Well, it was coming out of a flashing yellow zone; NO PEDESTRIANS OR CARS AROUND. It is just always on during morning drive.

Anyway this Mustang GT(the 260hp I think) comes up on me fast and then slows for the flashing 20mph zone. So we both go through at 20 and I am in 1st knowing he wants to go. I figure I'll give him a shot at the title As in FL there are TONS of sleeper looking turbo/SC Mustangs. But this one wasn't.

So we both hit it after the zone and I have a length on him going into 2nd and 3+ coming out of 2nd and let off then. No need for any more. Of course then he buzzed by afterwards.

Anyway, going into 2nd I got some wheel hop which I don't rememebr getting before. Was wondering is that just another sign of my shocks needing to be changed or because I have pretty new Kuhmo's on the back and they would normally have jus chirped/spun but they caught instead??
Old 09-21-2006, 10:06 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

So the chips work
Old 09-21-2006, 10:13 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rberry951
LOL! What was subtle about it?

Did you ever talk to Dave Lindsey about your engine/turbo combination? From what I've heard from him and others here the consensus seems to be you need a different turbo all together. But I'm not the best person to tell you 'which' turbo to buy, maybe an engine builder that doesn't sell turbos would be less biased than someone who wants you to buy their turbo or their favorite turbo. Are the people that designed/built your engine still around? Did they have any input on what turbo matched it best?

I did see the turbos Tim posted for SFR, but I don't have the technical expertise in turbos to comment on what they can do or can't do.

Regards,
Russell

Talk to Porschephile. He was discussed some turbo info with me in PM that would really shock/**** off some people that have bought other 951 tuner's turbos.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:58 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

"Well all I am adding to that is that at higher rpms that exhaust valve 'becomes' that restrictive component, and coupled with greater than 15psi of boost 7K rpm will eventially lift the head, if something else doesn't break first..."

The point Rogue had made was (paraphasing) "ony X amount can get in and X amount out via the intake valve and exhaust valve.

BUT, that is only true in an NA motor. With a forced induction motor, more air can be forced in than is able to get out. And at super boost or high rpm levels, as I think Russell is saying, there becomes a point when that exhaust can't get out quick enough.

However, to make a forced induction combustion chamber act in the NA way of "air in = same air out" would be a "anti turbo" on the other end to SUCK exhaust out at the same rate it is being forced into the motor.

???????????
Old 09-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by toddk911
The point Rogue had made was (paraphasing) "ony X amount can get in and X amount out via the intake valve and exhaust valve.

BUT, that is only true in an NA motor. With a forced induction motor, more air can be forced in than is able to get out.
My point was that the highest pressure that can get into the cylinder is simply the limit of boost pressure (once again not counting inertial supercharging).

Rogue
Old 09-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial951
So exhaust pressure is highest at lower rpms?
No, I would expect exhaust pressure to be highest at redline...

Rogue

Quick Reply: 951 MAX chips installed