Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

??? for Mafterburner gurus

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:06 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, I had no idea you used the FQS switches for anything until you just said so. Didn't know TT worked for you, frankly I never even heard of you or he until I got back on Rennlist recently. This is not my life's work, I already have a successful business, home, family, etc. I got into tuning for myself and no one else, then found a couple of years later that it was a marketable product. The more choice for the customer the better in my eyes. I will never downplay anyone else's product, that's not how I do business. And anyone that does should be avoided in my opinion. I have clarified myself on this issue.

Regards,
Russell
Old 09-18-2006, 01:46 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I don't see how anything Russell posted could be construed as "directly or indirectly addressed in a negative way toward Vitesse software", only informative....

TS
Old 09-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow.....out of the country on business for a while and just thought I would come on line and read up on what I have missed. This thread is unbelievable. Once again Vitesse attacks the competition. I really cant understand why Vitesse sees the need to continuously attack those who offer differing opinions on subjects or sell or provide products in competition with their own. recalling the Promax thread.

Now I see why LR doesnt post on these boards. Im sure they would be attacked too.......

This whole thread was disturbing.............

Dont attack me...or flame me or whatever.............I know nothing about the technical issues related to Porsche, motronic or whatever but I do know that recently I posted a thread with my dyno sheet and asked for help and John hinted that he knew the answer.....joked about my problem and then in the end offered no advice on how to fix the problem even when I asked openly if he would share his knowledge and help me out. I should have known better.....several people advised me that since I dont have Vitesse products on my car I shouldn't expect Vitesse help......fair enough I guess.....

I've said too much now.......I will probably regret this post later but I just cant sit by and see good guys like Russell who use their expertise to help guys like me to be treated like this and bashed and.........makes me sick.

Rusell......your a good guy....Im certain of this.........I and others appreciate all your trying to do for us........keep up the good work.....I know your work is appreciate by others......
Old 09-18-2006, 09:02 AM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

wow...
*off to make popcorn*
Old 09-18-2006, 09:07 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial951
wow.....out of the country on business for a while and just thought I would come on line and read up on what I have missed. This thread is unbelievable. Once again Vitesse attacks the competition. I really cant understand why Vitesse sees the need to continuously attack those who offer differing opinions on subjects or sell or provide products in competition with their own. recalling the Promax thread.

Now I see why LR doesnt post on these boards. Im sure they would be attacked too.......

This whole thread was disturbing.............

Dont attack me...or flame me or whatever.............I know nothing about the technical issues related to Porsche, motronic or whatever but I do know that recently I posted a thread with my dyno sheet and asked for help and John hinted that he knew the answer.....joked about my problem and then in the end offered no advice on how to fix the problem even when I asked openly if he would share his knowledge and help me out. I should have known better.....several people advised me that since I dont have Vitesse products on my car I shouldn't expect Vitesse help......fair enough I guess.....

I've said too much now.......I will probably regret this post later but I just cant sit by and see good guys like Russell who use their expertise to help guys like me to be treated like this and bashed and.........makes me sick.

Rusell......your a good guy....Im certain of this.........I and others appreciate all your trying to do for us........keep up the good work.....I know your work is appreciate by others......

Andial, since you admit not to know much about technical issues, why not keep your fingers away from the keyboard. This discussion was never an attack on anyone, go back and read. It was a disagreement about a technical issue. Don't try to make anything else out of it.

You emailed me many times first wanting a turbo, then a MAF then a chip.. Initially I took the time to talk to you and answer your emails. Every time I made a recommendation, you opted to do it differently. Why would I continue to mess with you? I have seen many of your posts, trying to slam Vitesse. Now you think I'm obligated to help you?

Since you want my opinion, here it is. Because you are not technical person, I'll try to make it as clear and simple as possible. Many people on this board gave you hints, I'll just come out and say it. You have all sort of components on your car that were NEVER deisgned to work with your engine.. The components were never designed to work as a complete system.... You keep adding bandaids!!! Where did it get you?

Have a good day!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:17 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 951and944S
I don't see how anything Russell posted could be construed as "directly or indirectly addressed in a negative way toward Vitesse software", only informative....

TS

Who else, other than Vitesse, uses the FQS for injectors sizing?? Go back and read Russell's first post. He clearly states that using the FQS is not the proper way.

Don't you think I should investigate and understand his opinion???

THIS WAS/IS A TECHNICAL DEBATE. DO NOT TURN IT INTO SOMETHING IT'S NOT!!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:50 AM
951and944S
Race Car

You ever think he may have reached his own conclusion being that -

a) he posted before you and TT came into the thread and refuted his claim

b) he stated that he didn't even know who 'Vitesse' was until very recently

c) his products are top notch following his explained method and offered by 3-4 well known vendors including Rennlist sponsor Paragon Products.

You're right about one thing though, it shouldn't be turned into a debate....and how me stating that it was "informative" led you to that conclusion is beyond me....and other's I'm sure.

TS
Old 09-18-2006, 10:17 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

951and944S,

a) It's obvious that he posted before me. I questioned his claim.
b) Wasn't this his last post? Again, who other than Vitesse uses the FQS for injector sizing? If you don't see his comment geared toward us, I do.
c) I can't comment on this one, I have no first hand experience with his products. I never conclude a product is good just because it's offered by many vendors.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:13 PM
951and944S
Race Car

OK John, points taken. There's no further reason for me to be involved in this thread so I'll just leave it there. I found the thread very informative until you came barging in and basically accused someone of bashing your products on the grounds of proprietary use of the FQS when in fact the person has explained that they have no knowledge whatsoever of your products.

TS
Old 09-18-2006, 02:39 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast951
Who else, other than Vitesse, uses the FQS for injectors sizing?? Go back and read Russell's first post. He clearly states that using the FQS is not the proper way.

Don't you think I should investigate and understand his opinion???

THIS WAS/IS A TECHNICAL DEBATE. DO NOT TURN IT INTO SOMETHING IT'S NOT!!
Guru, Promax, et. al.... I don't know who all else, you stated that several had copied TT's method. I planned to use the FQS for injector sizing when I first decided to market, but then investigated the flow characteristics of different injectors and decided that was not the best method, the best method in my opinion is to map the chip specifically to the injector, and I will always contend that no matter who argues otherwise. But that isn't the only reason, because many people have tried so many different aftermarket products that use FQS/RCP/IA for different settings, I have no idea what the car will be set to, so I take away any chance that a wrong setting will have any effect on the new chips. For that same reason all three map sets are identical, nothing the customer can do will change the intended behavior of the chips.

In my opinion, a purely technical debate shouldn't include remarks that imply I can't imagine how the FQS function is implemented, again, absurd. But I urge other rennlisters not to become upset over remarks like that, it doesn't bother me, I'm certainly not that fragile. So don't get your blood pressure up, it's just a conversation and ANYONE is welcome to share their opinions any way they choose.

I really don't have anything else to add to this thread, db944 I apologize that my comments in your thread strayed from your original question, on that I would suggest you speak with Lindsey about the proper settings, they provide excellent support for their products.

Regards,
Russell
Old 09-18-2006, 03:07 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

951and944S, we see things differently, not a problem.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:27 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Russell, In no way I was trying to insult you.
People that think that setting the FQS to a certain % is all it takes to control larger injectors, have figured out only part of the solution.
Stating that the use of the FQS is not correct is absurd! The proof is with people running our software with larger injectors without signal massagers.

For the record, I never stated Promax copied any of our products.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:00 PM
gstreev
Racer

How do you like the mafterburner, I was thinking about getting one.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:19 PM
tedesco
Instructor

I have got the Mafterburner installed since some time and I am very happy the way it works. I can also fully back up the statement about the characteristics of different injector sizes Russel explained. Especially the mafterburner illustrates that quite nicely when comparing injectors of different sizes. You can see also how the graph looks like just at the beginning of the video of STs almost 600RWHP run. You see on the monitor that at low air flow the signal even needed to be set slightly rich and than leans out towards higher airflow and higher duty cycle. This is exaclty how mine looks like too.
To set up the injectors I put the values into the pull down menues on the graphical tuner page. The pull down on the left is what you installed (55 in your case). The right pull down you have to set to the value that the motronic (chip) thinks you are running (36 for stock if I remember well). I think that you are running higher fuel pressure does not matter that much when you get started. You can try one injector size higher but you will need to make major adjustments over the air flow range anyway. The injector selection function allows the mafterburner to scale the duty cycle and already to provide a starting point for tuning. Otherwise you would have to manually set all the adjuster bars to the ratio of 36/55 lean. So this first step compares to the function of the FQS described in the posts before besides that you have all the fine tuning possibilities with the maferburner.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:33 PM
tedesco
Instructor

Ahh, sorry. Was not in Sts video. Must have been in another one I have seen. May I can find it again.

If I finally managed to upload the picture you should see how my MAF screen once looked like.
Attached Images  

Last edited by tedesco; 09-18-2006 at 05:50 PM.

Quick Reply: ??? for Mafterburner gurus