Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sean, do you need anything to secure my spot for a STB? Regards
Old 06-17-2007, 11:17 PM
slee11
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would like to get on the wait list if someone drops out. My 951 turbo had the stock adjustable Konis.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:26 AM
dynatech
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group buy update

Hey guys,

I've sent PMs to all of you guys who had questions. Please e-mail me directly at sthomas2@houston.rr.com with your responses.

Sorry I haven't been on the forum lately; I just started a new job and I've been really busy. It's way past my bedtime at the moment.\

However, I have been staying on top of the orders. Unfortunately, my two vendors are running a little slow. I went to see both in person last week to try to speed things up.

The strut brace bracket status is as follows: the waterjet cutting is done as of last Friday. The machine work should be done by now. Still to come: bending/welding, then preliminary grinding work, then polishing.

We're still waiting on some of the strut brace end fittings. I will call and check on those tomorrow, but hopefully they have started the turning work by now.

The steel inner housing for the camberplates were fully turned, and they were sitting at the CNC mill last Friday. These should be finished by now. I will check tomorrow.

I will try to post updates on a more regular basis now that the suppliers are making more headway. Most of the machine work will be done in a week or two, and then I will get the anodizing, plating and polishing knocked out.

I will request payment as soon as the machine work is done, so that I can start shipping as soon as the polishing and anodizing is done.

Thanks for your patience,

Sean
Dynatech
Old 07-21-2007, 05:43 PM
dynatech
Instructor

Here's the update this week on the group buy:

Camberplate inner housings are machined. Have to deburr, re-tap, and prep for plating. I'm hoping to take all of the steel parts to the electroplating shop next week.

Strut brace end fittings: CNC turned is complete. These parts still have to go to the CNC mill. The 5 new strut bars are also turned; still need mill work. Hoping to pick up next Saturday.

Strut brace mounting brackets: CNC waterjet cutting complete; first step machining complete; welding and bending complete. Last step of machining to be completed this week. Hoping to pick up next Saturday.

Thanks,
Sean
Dynatech
Old 07-21-2007, 08:39 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

thanks for the update Sean!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:22 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any updates?
Old 08-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Sean...was wondering what was up...still want the STB.. Please PM me with shipping details. Let me know Thanks, 1986 turbo
Old 08-27-2007, 07:53 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks for the update Sean.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:38 AM
dynatech
Instructor

Default Group buy update

Hey guys,

We've been making headway on the camberplates and strut braces for the group buy. I'm apologize that things have been taking so long, but my two main suppliers have been running slow. I also have to process each and every one of the parts myself as well, doing deburring/grinding/sanding/bending and so forth to get the parts prepped for polishing, zinc plating, or anodizing, and I've been running slow on my part.

However, there's light at the end of the tunnel now, and I will be able to start shipping the first strut braces in a week or two. The remaining strut braces and camberplates will follow a week or so after that.

I am WAY overdue to give you an update on our progress, and I apologize for that as well.

Here are some of the details:
All of the steel parts used for the camberplates went out for zinc plating last week. These pieces will be back from the platers later this week.

I picked up most of the strut brace brackets about 3 weeks ago. I have to do some grinding/sanding work on these before they go out for polishing, and I got this knocked out and took the parts to the polishing shop. This batch of brackets are finished (10 pair) and I will pick them up this Saturday, along with a small batch of bars from this last production run.

I still have a few more brackets remaining (5 pair) for grinding/sanding, and I will try to get this done tomorrow night after work.

I'm still waiting on a few parts from the machine shop, but these should be done within a week or so (spring perches and strut brace end fittings). I'm hoping to pick these up on Saturday, and then I will get them prepped and send them out for anodizing.

Fortunately, I do have some strut brace end fittings in stock, so I'll be able to ship out the first batch of strut braces next week.

I will follow up with a post next week and some e-mails to start processing payments.

Thanks for your patience,

Sean
Dynatech
Old 09-05-2007, 02:23 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds good thanks for the update!
Old 09-27-2007, 02:04 AM
dynatech
Instructor

Hey guys,

I finally got most of the rest of the parts in. I picked up the spring perches and the main housing for the camberplates last week. They still have a few fittings for the strut braces, but these should be done any day, and I have enough fittings in stock to process most of the orders.

All of the zinc plating of the steel parts is done, and most of the strut brace brackets and all of the bars are polished. I do have to get a few of the aluminum parts anodized, but this will only take about one week, and I should be able to send those out to the anodizing shop on Friday.

I've got enough parts on hand ready to go right now with no delay for about 5 strut braces for those who are quickest to make payment.

For those of you who have paid a deposit, or those who live overseas, I will send out e-mails or PMs tomorrow with your balance.

For those who haven't paid, the Rennlist prices are as follows:
944/951/S2 Strut Brace: $350 + $25 shipping (US/Canada)
968 Strut brace: $375 + $25 shipping
Camberplates: $530 + $20 shipping

Send your payment via paypal to sthomas2@houston.rr.com
Pleae note that I'm overdue to migrate my e-mail to Comcast, so this will probably change any day, but I will let you know.

Here is the order list based on the last known info.

Camberplates (confirmed):
1. Rich Sandor
2. stevekat at aol.com
3. tommo951
4. Chris White
5. Rolex NJ
6. theedge
7. Rob Meehan
8 Bill Andrew

Camberplate inquiries:
9. mikeroz
10. slee11 (only if STB is available)
11. J Ringo

There are a total of 15 sets of camberplates counting my inventory here and the inventory at the machine shop I use for anyone else who may turn up.

944 Strut brace
1. Fluidplay (Dennis)
2. sandwood
3. tommo951
4. pflyers
5. Chris White
6. Bill Comat
7. nick_968
8. theedge
9. mikeroz

944 Wait list
10. Rader Russell
11. Jan-ove (blodstrupmoen)
12. Rob (Melbourne FL) (Rob Meehan)
13. slee11

I've got a total of nine strut braces for the 944s in stock.

968 Strut brace order list
1. Crazy Eddie
2. stevekat@aol.com
3. Chris White
4. RolexNJ
5. Smokiemon944 (Patrick)
6. Rader Russell
7. Rader Russell

968 Wait list
8. J Ringo

I've got seven 968 strut braces in stock (plus 2 more we promised Raj a long while back).

There is also 1 993/964 strut brace, the prototype, for someone who wants to be really exclusive.

I will follow up ASAP so that we can get these orders rolling.

Thanks,
Sean
Dynatech
Old 09-27-2007, 02:15 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yay!
Old 09-27-2007, 02:36 PM
mikeroz
Advanced

Smile

Sean,
Since I'm in the UK I would like my strut brace and camber plates to be ready and shipped together. What's the chance of getting me a set of camber plates very soon? plEEEEEEEASE
Mike

Quick Reply: Group Buy 4 Dynatech-Strut Bars & Camber Plates-Get 'em while you can