G
Old 02-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
Hehe, maybe you missed some of the threads in the last few months:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforu...ad.php?t=320628

Well, looks like you are talking to someone that lives here in AZ, and personally knew Cervelli, and Rains. I, personally saw Graham's car, and it did have this power on stock injectors. Powerhaus and Technodyne (Cervelli) helped build my first 89 951 back in the day, and we were running 350 wheel hp on stock injectors. Graham raced his 2.8 89 951, and I know it was very reliable. So, yes, you can get 400whp using stock injectors. Best setup, no.

Cervelli had an original factory 968 Turbo 3.0 in his race car and was usually number one in points in NASA.

This is not a very good example of what you are trying to state.

George
Oh God, not again.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:32 PM
George D
Drifting

I don't usually give a !@!@ about stuff like this, but tell me about your car. What have you done to your 951 to make the rest of us such idiots. I'm simply curious as to your experience. I've had many Porsches, and did mods to all of them. I had a 400whp EVO that I tracked. I've supercharged an Expedition. I've owned M3's and built a 350whp FWD Saab Aero. I race my 700 Grizzly, and raced motorcycles as a teenager. At my resort property in Greer, AZ www.antlerridge.com I have a fully built 350 Chevy Silverado that will plow snow like a tank.

Tell me about your bad *** Porsches, or whatever. Help us make our cars better. If you know how to do things that we aren't doing, please enlighten me.

I'm not trying to tell anyone that I'm an excellent tuner or anything like that. I've paid dearly for others knowledge, and thanked them for the help when my cars worked as intended.

You are probably a decent guy, so help us out here. I won't start a pissin match. I'm just curious as to who you are, and whether you are able to provide any insight to those of us who are spending our hard earned money to make our cars better, faster, and safer.

George
Old 02-20-2007, 10:39 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He has not done anything except theory advise and his 911 someone else built.

Conclusion, no Porsche but possible japanese car resume.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:13 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,173 Likes on 577 Posts

I think cross-pollenation of ideas from other communities will only help us raise the mean HP here. After all, there's more than one way to lube an O-ring, as you Riker's boyz should know
Old 02-20-2007, 11:28 PM
George D
Drifting

That has always been the case, my friend.

George
Old 02-21-2007, 01:21 AM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

I'm not too technical an individual and understand things more from a common sense perspective. I've tried to carry on somewhat technical and intelligent conversations in the past and everyone just shoots down my comments since many of them go against what is considered to be the norm around here. Pole Position, all of the so called "theory" stuff you are talking about is things that I have done and tested with most of the Japanese cars I've dealt with. All of that is coming from MY personal experiences.

It's true, most of my automotive experience has to do with Japanese stuff though I have done a few things with American cars. I built a Pontiac 400ci for my friend's '78 TransAm, minimal mods on a '64 and '66 Impala, few small things on a '72 454 Chevelle, and was helping a friend do a 396ci '60s VW Super Beetle swap which turned out to be a lost cause. I'm relatively young so I don't have nearly as much auto experience as many here do. I've built and helped build/tune as well as "consulted" on several Nissan 240sx's (quite a few different ones in the past 2yrs ~270-400whp), 300zx's (250-400whp, few different cars), a ~340whp Evo, Mk3 Supra (350whp @ ~15psi 93oct), an R33 Skyline GTS-T(420whp @ ~19psi 93oct), 350z Greddy TT setup (414whp @~6psi, 93oct), and several other cars that weren't really notable due to 200whp or less power levels (Ca18det 240sx, Maxima's; don't laugh I can't help modding!). In fact, here's a dyno of a friend's S14 240sx we just got running. It's an Sr20 with a Gt2871r .64, HKS 264 cams, Crower solid valvetrain (9000rpm redline) and all the typical supporting mods. It's ~380whp and ~320wtq @ ~18-19psi on 93octane. Despite the head mods, the turbo is dropping torque on the top-end since it's an internal gate T25 flanged .64a/r exhaust housing and has a restrictive turbo elbow. I advised him to go with a .86a/r and preferrably a T3 housing since the motor will take 9k rpm and w/ the 264's will generate power to ~7.8-8krpm though sometimes he seems to forget. Either way it has a decently nice and wide powerband for a 2.0l.

As for my 951, all I really ever did to it was all the typical bolt-on stuff and suspension/maintenance work. Right now I'm in the process of a big turbo upgrade and I'll be building a motor later in the year (lets see if I can blow that sucker up! ) True, I did buy my 911 pretty much as is, though I have done a few things to it myself. The PO had a pretty horrible fuel system setup on it which I should have 100% fixed by this weekend. I plan on doing plenty of stuff to it myself in the future, and as I am not that experienced with 911's I know that I'm certainly going to be learning quite a bit.

I'm not claiming to know it all. I most certainly realize that I don't, and I'm sure there is plenty I can learn from others here as I have already. Anyways, it would just be nice if people here could keep an open mind. Remaining ignorant of other car communities isn't going to serve to further the progress of our cars. The old saying "There is always someone smarter." holds much truth, and there is always someone else we can learn from regardless of what the badge on their hood says. If people can't understand that, then that makes me feel kind of sad. I'd honestly like to participate in this community as I love these cars to death. At this point I feel like little more than an outcast which has left me pretty unhappy.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:01 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschefile
I'd honestly like to participate in this community as I love these cars to death.
IMO, no matter what a persons resume is; education, racing, experience, this is the only qualifying prerequisite, period.

For someone who is simply trying to bring new ideas and technology to our aging 951s, your being kinda hard on him George.

Rogue
Old 02-21-2007, 02:40 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
IMO, no matter what a persons resume is; education, racing, experience, this is the only qualifying prerequisite, period.

For someone who is simply trying to bring new ideas and technology to our aging 951s, your being kinda hard on him George.

Rogue
+1
Old 02-21-2007, 10:12 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Andial951
+1
+2
Old 02-21-2007, 10:22 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

+944
Old 02-21-2007, 10:33 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porschefile
I'd honestly like to participate in this community as I love these cars to death. At this point I feel like little more than an outcast which has left me pretty unhappy.
I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:53 AM
George D
Drifting

My intention wasn't to me mean. I just wanted to know who Porschefile was, thats it. If my typing seemed harsh, I'm sorry.

I'm taking my kids to Disney today. Loading up the LX470 and driving 8 hours to the park in California.

Have a great week. Porscheafile, you are welcome here. I just wanted to know who you were.

George
Old 02-21-2007, 11:56 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks for sharing the dyno and some infomation too George. Have a nice time with the family..

Old 02-21-2007, 02:27 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
My intention wasn't to me mean. I just wanted to know who Porschefile was, thats it. If my typing seemed harsh, I'm sorry.

I'm taking my kids to Disney today. Loading up the LX470 and driving 8 hours to the park in California.

Have a great week. Porscheafile, you are welcome here. I just wanted to know who you were.

George
George, you did nothing wrong.

Quick Reply: 89 951 dyno chart