Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Really saw what my car was packing today..

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 12:50 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rberry951
Have a windy road day or two before you decide to see what she'll do at night. These cars were designed for windy roads, not just straight lines. But night time introduces other variables, depth perception changes, wild animals popping up in your path, drunk drivers, kids in dark clothing, etc.

If you really want to REALLY feel what these cars are capable of, and truly appreciate them I suggest joining up with your local PCA chapter and getting involved with DE. It's inexpensive to join, and track time is cheap. A typical 2 day event with my local region at Watkins Glen cost 200-300 bucks, and in my opinion is the cheapest thrill ride you can get ANYWHERE. You get great instruction, get to hang out with great people, and most importantly you get to go REALLY FAST!

There really is no substitute...

Regards,
Russell
After reading my own post I really think I say really way too much...

really....
Old 08-31-2006, 12:58 PM
Zedmau5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im joining the rennlist officially and the norther county chapter of the PCA next week!
Old 08-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really?? With the mods I have the car does put down more power but if you really want to feel how the car drives, do a DE! After you do a DE on a track you can really feel where the limits of your car are (much farther then you can take on the street). I just did my first one at 944fest and it was everything I thought it was going to be, FUN! The whole day goes by so quickly but well worth it. Just make sure even now, that you keep your car running well and don't let things go by (such as the belts or change the water pump NEXT time I do the belts).

Quick Reply: Really saw what my car was packing today..