Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Went back to the dyno today....

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Tms951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschefile
Yep, 67mm inducer. If it was a 80mm inducer, it would never spool on an old 2.5l 8v! That's still a big turbo for a 2.5l, though you get mad props for having the cojones to put a manly turbo on that motor! Even though the T4 .58ar housing will be restrictive for max hp, that turbo could probably still break 600rwhp above ~25psi.
I have a 2.8, but ya its a big turbo, I get around 21psi by 4200rpm, I have not run it higher yet. I hope to run it up to 28psi at some point (I want better head studs first), Why do you think the .58a/r is to small for this? If a #10 is good to about 23psi with this compressor, you don't think a .58 t4 could handle 28psi?
Old 08-30-2006, 04:50 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Old 08-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tms951
I have a 2.8, but ya its a big turbo, I get around 21psi by 4200rpm, I have not run it higher yet. I hope to run it up to 28psi at some point (I want better head studs first), Why do you think the .58a/r is to small for this? If a #10 is good to about 23psi with this compressor, you don't think a .58 t4 could handle 28psi?

Oops, thinking of a T3 .58ar (I don't believe there is even a T3 .58ar). I've been up for 48hrs working so forgive the typo. That spool isn't too bad considering it's a T4 hotside.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:35 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tms951
You're joking right? If not I'll bet against you. You didn't even make 400@4k this time and next time you plan on upping the low and the high end? This is physics not black magic, unless you plan on spraying to get it spooled you have no chance. As is you have lost 150tq from 4500rpm to 6000rpm, in my mind that it ugly. You need a bigger turbine housing and maybe wheel to break 600, but this is only going to drop your power a 4k rpm. I wish you luck as you will need it.
Propane injection????

VATN turbo??

Twin sequential turbos????

Old 08-30-2006, 06:14 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ST: Good job pal! Once again you are breaking some new ground with a 2.5L. I'll probably see you up at Lime Rock this Saturday too, with that butt-ugly car of yours!

Old 08-30-2006, 06:39 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fast951
What do you mean by that? It's the same Motronic version...
I could've sworn the BMW's were using a slightly different version. But if you say they are the same I'll believe you. I just go about deleting them as I see no reason to use them
Old 08-30-2006, 06:43 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MPD47
I could've sworn the BMW's were using a slightly different version. But if you say they are the same I'll believe you. I just go about deleting them as I see no reason to use them
Well, there are many BMWs out there. The BMW with the 35-pin connector on the ECU are the ones I'm talking about (mid 80s.).
Old 08-31-2006, 02:51 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by toddk911
PorschhhhJohn: Are you going to upload the vids on your site to youtube or streetfire??? If I get some time I could do it for you.

We certainly need this one to get out to the world
I honestly never thought about it. I guess before I did that I would have to go back and make sure liscense plates are bluured and everything. its one thing to post videos on a low traffic site like this one but, if it hits streetfire the world would see it.

Whole different deal. I dont think I would care to go back and double check crap. I mean i've got tons of videos. Hell some of them you guys have never even seen. Its just too much.

However if someone else wanted to go through all that crap and make sure the license plate was blurred then I dont care. I just dont wanna do it.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:17 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
I honestly never thought about it. I guess before I did that I would have to go back and make sure liscense plates are bluured and everything. its one thing to post videos on a low traffic site like this one but, if it hits streetfire the world would see it.

Whole different deal. I dont think I would care to go back and double check crap. I mean i've got tons of videos. Hell some of them you guys have never even seen. Its just too much.

However if someone else wanted to go through all that crap and make sure the license plate was blurred then I dont care. I just dont wanna do it.
John, I have seen your videos on youtube and google the one againts the mach1, your license plate is visible.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:26 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MPD47
TMS he's talking about the BMW engine.

Jim, you cannot use the S38 DOHC head on anything other than the S38 block. Unless you machine an M30 or M88 block to have the different oil drains (a couple thousand dollars, waste of cash). You'd be best off chatting with Andreas about his build (there is a good thread on bimmerforums too). Your power gains are a bit optimistic, but hey, gotta have something to shoot for. The M5 engines dont exactly go for cheap or come up often either. I got mine for $500 from a friend of a friend though

OT:

Mike the alpina M30 , biturbo engine was placed in this e30 , very stout engine and the 535 i engine has the strongest bottom end of all the stock bmw engines.. of course the 4 v engines of the M cars is the way to go . as the heads flow very well, even better than than the current M engined cars .
ST , would be better off starting with a 4 V engine , to meet his power expectations.. but spend enough , anything can be made to fly...
Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2006, 03:33 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Not sure what that means lart, but while he had the numbers before the power curve was , a little odd. What he has now is a fast car , the numbers are real and repeatable , credit , where credit is due. The fact that he is using the factory electronics, be it modified, is impressive. Now if we could get ST to run against one of the converted V8 cars !!!! LET THE GAMES BEGIN .

Wayne, what I was trying to illustrate that before you were quite an skeptic of tool’s achievements, somewhat in the level of tinyG, but now you are a believer.

Btw thanks for your response about the dta data cable but I sold the unit and I don't need it anymore.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:27 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lart951
John, I have seen your videos on youtube and google the one againts the mach1, your license plate is visible.
ah well I guess others posted it then. I sure didn't.

oh well it is what it is That mach1 run was like 2 years ago. So I guess in the end it dosn't matter that much.

Besides I really don't run nearly as often as people might think. Its just whenever I do run I always get it on film
Old 08-31-2006, 08:28 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

oh could you pm me the streetfire link and stuff? I would like to see it.

*edit* did a search on streetfire and all I could find was the srt/evo/vs me video. And I knew all about that one. My friend uploaded it.

I also did a search on google and came up with nothing. Although send me the links if you got them. I would like to see.

Last edited by porshhhh951; 08-31-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:26 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Well, if you find some time maybe just post some of the really good ones.

And use nightvision next time!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 12:38 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Honestly todd if you wanna put the ones you have up there thats fine man.

I prolly won't ever take the time cause the videos are really just something for me and my small group of friends. Thats why i've never posted them on any major boards or video hosting sites like streetfire/ect.

I've got some videos I haven't even take from my camera. Its sad how much footage I really do have. You remember the 5 foot flame one? Well I got a 4inch SS exhaust now and its coming out at a angle I have to say with the 968 rear and that angl'd out with the flame shooting out looks dead sexy.

I think it beats my other flame video. i've burnt part of my bumper btw. The flames come out at a angle now and the design of the 968 rear it just gets in the way. I might get some sort of carbon flame shield made and installed or something.

Quick Reply: Went back to the dyno today....