Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 02:30 PM
HIGHBOOST
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, a couple guys I went to told me "No can do" w/no cat. I went to another company which is fairly popular in this area, and he used to race 951's. They just made me exit the back of the shop after my exhaust was done, and gave me a document stating that my car was towed in on a trailer, and not intended for road use ha.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:48 PM
2bridges
Drifting

too cool.....

I tried many approaches with many shops... including trailer in and trailer out and indicate as competition only car.... they all told me to go pound sand.

You should stop by that shop drop to your kness and...... well I'll leave the rest unsaid
Old 08-16-2006, 04:33 PM
tmayst
AutoX

Thanks for the insight.....my mechanic is looking at a couple different links that I sent him and he's going to decide if it'll be cheaper for him to fab one up or not.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Fabspeed Motorsports offers 3.0" 76.5mm C.N.C. mandrel bent T304stainless steel downtubes catbypass pipes and a complete rear 3.0" section as well. Fabspeed was the 1st company to design, perfect and manufacturer these 3.0" 76.5mm exhaust systems for Porsche 944Turbo cars. Our catbypass pipe down tube is a 2 piece design and allows an Optional "slip-on slip-off race cat" for easy on easy off emissions tests/inspections too.

Check out the demonstration Videos and also our 4.0" 102mm rear exhaust too that is designed to work with the front section of our 3" exhaust. It is GIGANTIC and for big horsepower modified 944Turbos. Everything is 1 piece computer numerically controlled mandrel bent.

have a great day
Joe Fabiani
President
Fabspeed Motorsports
www.fabspeed.com
info@fabspeed.com

215-646-4945 (9828fax)
Old 08-16-2006, 11:28 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your looking for a low cost solution and its mainly to be used at the track, you can simply rod out the cat, and cut the muffler out of your stock exhaust and replace it with a straight pipe. My car is a dual purpose club race car and street car. There is enough muffling from the Turbo for it to be OK on the street. I spent money over the years on poorly made mild steel test pipes that fail ,and very expensive B&B mufflers. I ended up rodding out the cat and using a supertrap inline silencer with end plates on for the winter and open for the summer. Now I never bother putting the plates on, ie I run it open pipe. The stock exhausts are extremely well made and fit exactly. They are stainless and never give any trouble. Perhaps I am giving up a couple of HP to a straight through 3" system but I still manage to win races? and it only cost me $100 for a Supertrapp

You can always cut the muffler out of your system and try it to see what you think. You have nothing to lose, and if its too loud you can then spend money on a B&B or equivalent
Old 08-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Rads
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have been running the Fabspeed 3" straight through exhaust on my 951 trackster for the last several years. Perfect fit, reasonable installation, according to my mechanic. The turbo muffles the noise, so I have passed the noise police at Lime Rock and Mount Tremblant in the past, which I think means less than 90db at 50 feet. With higher boost, above 14.5, a muffler will probably be needed. Fabspeed can tell you more. I run a K26-8

Green Machine, Turbo S trackster with Turbo Cup Suspension, MAP 2 upgrade.

Quick Reply: Exhaust