Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Check this out, got the head off finally

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 11:37 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Since there are a ton of us out here who have done so, please explain so we may learn!"

Happy to share - here are a few considerations regarding deleting CV

CV is what facilitates 1.2bar 'limp mode' to "SAVE" your engine in the event of fault code. This is your safety net if boost/knock conditions get out of range. If you are not aware, preignition (knock) under boost especially will severely damage combustion chamber components(pistons,valves,head surfaces, etc) in very short order.

simply elimintaing CV without another means of knock protetion IS FOOLISH (to put it nicely)
Even more rediculous is to remove CV,thenincrease boost with MBC - I cannot think of a faster way to cause a meltdown in any turbo car

I personally don't like the MBC aproach for most street cars. Increasing boost in any fashion requires full consideration of engine management changes,increasing fuel needs, carefull tuning and Air/Fuel status checking. If all these aspects are not carefully accounted for you are asking for BIG TROUBLE
Old 07-23-2006, 11:50 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris White
Somebody needs to look at the motor mounts....!
usually after they collapse it gets harder to pull the head with the headers on.

Chris White
They are the updated mounts, they were replaced 3 years back, and i get no vibrations. I know when they go bad, since the NA mounts went bad and the car shook like an earthquake. Wouldn't hurt to check them out and see if the measurements meet the manual spec.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:50 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
You can replace the CV valve with a manual boost controler if;

You leave your boost level untouch "stock"
You have chips programed to a certain boost level
You have a signal massanger or anyway to adjust your a/f ratio. You will need a WB to monitor your a/f ratio as well.

Otherwise removing the CV valve and increasing your boost level with a mbc is plain "dumb".

My .5 pesos
ditto on this.alot of people do this while their doing a chip upgrade because it requires removing.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
They are the updated mounts, they were replaced 3 years back, and i get no vibrations. I know when they go bad, since the NA mounts went bad and the car shook like an earthquake. Wouldn't hurt to check them out and see if the measurements meet the manual spec.
Factory or aftermarket mounts? the aftermarket ones only last a couple of years....

Chris White

Quick Reply: Check this out, got the head off finally