Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Greddy Profec B II settings

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:39 PM
TurboMojo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Profec B II settings

I did a search and found a lot of info on this topic but no settings? I'm looking for some numbers that some of you are running.

I'm pretty happy with how I have it tuned but would like to tinker a little and see if I can get the boost to come on earlier. Does the GAIN need to be adjusted? Thanks.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:40 AM
schadenfreude
Instructor

Higher gain will make the boost hit harder (but make you more susceptible to spiking). It is also supposed to stop the roll-off of boost at high RPM but I still get some roll-off even with a high gain (my intake/exhaust is running inefficiently at the moment: suspected clogged cat, little boost leaks, suspected exhaust leaks, oil temps getting high very quickly).

My settings are currently as follows: (still plenty of tweaking to go though)

set: 46%
start: 13
gain: 25
warning: 15.5
limit: 10%

The net result of this is that I get 15-16 psi in all gears, and even at partial throttle. The boost wavers between 15 and 16 as it hits the limiter and goes down and then builds back up again only to hit the limiter. Downside is this wavering and if you do something silly like build up 10 PSI in 5th and then punch it, it will spike to around 17-18 PSI before dropping. Boost is dropping to about 11-12 PSI at redline (used to be around 9 PSI at redline before), so maybe I should be running even more gain and less duty cycle. But I probably should fix the inefficiencies first (slippery intercooler hose, cat, etc.)

More conventional settings use a higher WARNING and lower SET and probably slightly lower START. Note that with the LIMIT value, the higher the number the more conservative (the value is how much the SET is reduced by once the WARNING is hit).
Old 07-02-2006, 10:40 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Set-39%, Gain-22%, Set Gain-12.5, Warn-16.0, Limit-5%.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:24 PM
TurboMojo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ibkevin
Set-39%, Gain-22%, Set Gain-12.5, Warn-16.0, Limit-5%.
What PSI are you running?

I have it set at

Set-51%, Gain-13, Set Gain-13, Warn-16.5, Limit-5% and it pulls strong, I hit 15PSI and hold it nearly all the way until redline.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:59 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

I have a profec B that i think i will be selling. If anyone is interested let me know. It was alittle bit of a pain in the *** to adjust so i went to Turbo XS manuel boost controll. I had the Greedy in my car for about 2 months. will take resonable offers. Still under waranty.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:08 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Currently.. 5psi.. I have a Turbo Performance blade tip curl whammy to unfu*k first

Quick Reply: Greddy Profec B II settings