Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Mapping with powerperfect piggyback?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 06:52 AM
hally
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are running weltmeister (stock AFM) chips with a MAF sensor so having consistent air fuel ratio at different boost settings is not going to happen. You need a transfer function on the chip that matches the characteristics of your sensor for that to work.
A likely explaination is that after increasing boost to 1.2 bar you were moving more air in the area where you previously had your leaner hump, shifting you into the voltage range that you had added additional fuel with the piggyback previously to dial in 1 bar.

Originally Posted by djungel-Jim

Yesterday I was out with a friend to get it sorted. We started out at boost ~1 bar and we managed to dial in the A/F to where we were satsisfied - around 13:1 at spoolup and then 11.5 - 11.8 at full boost.. Next we dialed in my boost to 1.2 bar with my boost controller.. And all of a sudden instead of the A/F graph having a "hump" at spoolup it went DOWN instead! So with my low boost the A/F at spoolup was like 13:1 and now, with my higher boost it instead goes DOWN to 11.3:1!

Does that make any sense?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:38 AM
Swedish Meatball
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually now I have chips from Duke here in the forum dialed in for MAF, 3 bar FPR, my injectors and 1.2 bars of boost. But since I bought them "unmapped" I have to make some small adjustments for the A/F to be right..

Hmm you're probably right with the higher boost shifting me to higher voltage ranges and therefore screwing up everything! Maybe I'm better of starting from the beginning again instead of modifying my A/F for 1 bar to 1.2 bar.. I'm really only interested in having the car going 1.2 bar all the time - I just started at 1 bar because I thought it would be safer to dial in the A/F for that boost, then go higher.

Originally Posted by hally
you are running weltmeister (stock AFM) chips with a MAF sensor so having consistent air fuel ratio at different boost settings is not going to happen. You need a transfer function on the chip that matches the characteristics of your sensor for that to work.
A likely explaination is that after increasing boost to 1.2 bar you were moving more air in the area where you previously had your leaner hump, shifting you into the voltage range that you had added additional fuel with the piggyback previously to dial in 1 bar.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:58 AM
hally
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok maybe duke can shed some light on whats happening, at least you get richer when you add boost, safer than going the other way! good luck with it.

Quick Reply: Mapping with powerperfect piggyback?