Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 10:46 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by CO951
I wasn't saying it isn't possible to go higher than 15psi with the stock turbo. I was saying that the Welt chip has a limit of 15psi built into the chip, just like the stock chips have a boost limit. There may be modifications you can make with these chips to get past the limit, but it takes more than a boost controller.

my bad.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:15 AM
philcav7
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I planned on getting the Tial 38 when I get the exhaust done.

As of now I intend to have a 3" CAT back system made, using a Borla or similar muffler. I am open to suggestions but most seem to be happy with the Borla XR1.

Also, should I buy a "high flow" cat or just put in a test pipe?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:13 AM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i'm currently running the weltmeisters with a shimmed WG and boost enhancer set at 13psi. car is much faster than stock and boost hits pretty hard for only 13psi.

if you want info on these chips call Strasse (strasseusa.com) and the owner (Gabe IIRC) is the guy who developed these chips. he can answer all your questions and tell you that you need the shim to make it run correctly. also, he has them for sale. i ran the chips without the shim for a while when i got the chips but the car ran like crap and super rich. it wouldn't pass smog and got me on the gross polluter list. once the shim went in it was so much better in every way. BTW Gabe never made any mention of needing a different FPR and mine is still stock with no apparent bad effects. not sure if an increased fuel pressure is needed.

also, check out this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ltmeister+chip

it always impressed me how much power these chips make and several people have dynos to show it.

happy boosting!

Quick Reply: Weltmeister Chip Installed...