reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A high reving motor would be nice!
Old 08-25-2006, 11:39 AM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The lowering front recommendation is from Experience not common theoretical practice.

It was not done intentionally. From what I can determine the previous owner lowered the front as far as it could go for looks. Yes, it did look very aggressive. However, with that setup and the stock Turbo S suspension the car was loose. Applying power in corners was an exercise in cautious pedal application and a careful sense of when the boost was going to kick in to keep from spinning the car. I also noticed the ABS came on way early under heavy braking. It was great fun on autocross courses carrying a drift from one corner to the next though.

After a close inspection from concerns with tire rubbing I found the drivers fronts were at the bottom of the adjustment. I raised the front about 1/2 inches to bring the line of the bottom of the door to almost level. It made a HUGE difference and balanced the handling, HUGE! Now I can add power on corner exits almost with impunity and it brakes much better with more force without the ABS kicking in.

So Sir, I'm sorry, but from my experience front to rear ride height does effect handling greatly on these cars.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:03 PM
jacklet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we set a couple different cars up for drifting if you can keep the turbo spooled with your driving style you're good there i always ditch the factory bushings get rid of the mush in the suspension drifting is about suspension and how you set it up to your style of driving like rkd said if you drop the nose a bit you can literally get the car to rotate around the nose! it's all about weight transfer and how fast and controlled you can get it to do that you don't need a ton of power

Quick Reply: If You Could....