Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Ticket help

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006 | 03:25 PM
JE_951
Pro

Default Ticket help

Well I did some searching for the last thread about getting out of a ticket and had no luck in finding it. I have one ticket defered (from 2 months ago) and I got another (my second ever) and dont want them both to go on my record. If i wait a year before the second one goes on my record then I will only have the one ticket and the first will dissapear.

So my question is. DOes sending in extra money really work? and whats my chances of the ticket not going on my record for 10 months? Anyone ever tried this in Washington?

TIA

-Jace
Old 05-27-2006 | 03:31 PM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

i plead guilty to a non moving violation ...which meant the fine was higher but it did not go on my record...i asked the prosecuter and officer if it was okay and had no problems...but this was in nj
Old 05-27-2006 | 03:38 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

i saw this link advertised on Craigslist.....hadnt really looked at it yet but saved it just in case LINK
Old 05-27-2006 | 03:55 PM
JE_951
Pro

In WAshington you cant plead guilty for a higher fine/no record. You can pay, mitigate (get fine lowered), defer (it goes off your record unless you get another voilation within 12 months) or contest it (fight it).

That info was actualy really helpful. thx!

anyone ever done the "pay to much and they wont put it on for awhile" deal?
Old 05-27-2006 | 04:00 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

This is the way it works in Kansas. I do not know if it will work for you but you can check. First of all you can (in KS) go to the City Prosecuter and pay an additional fee and it will not go on your record. Second you can get a diversion which cost extra and if you do not get another ticket in a certain amount of time it goes away without getting on your record. Third you can just not pay it for a while if you want to take that chance, as long as it is not payed they do not post it on your record. When you do pay, it is on your record starting at that point for 12 months, this way you could let one drop before the other goes on. Don't know if your state works this way? Good luck!
Old 05-27-2006 | 07:11 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Find out how your state works. Some states allow you to get an attorney to go to court for you and drop the ticket down to a non moving violation. You pay more money but saves you way more in points and insurance in the end.

If not, pay extra on your ticket. You have to pay about $40 or more as they are getting smart on this. It has to be enough to send you a refund check and wait for it to clear before they process the paperwork and close the book on your case. Get the check and burn it. As time goes by, your folder gets put off to the side with other cases not closed for whatever reason and by the time they do a spring cleaning and go through all of it and find your case, the check is still not cashed and they ticket is way to old to show up. Never tried it in WA but works in others.
Old 05-27-2006 | 07:26 PM
leonc944
Instructor

Hire a lawyer. Slow down.

or

Pay the ticket, watch your insurance premiums rise, get lovely letters from the DMV, know that the next ticket will cost you six months of driving PRIVILEGE.
Old 05-27-2006 | 10:46 PM
JE_951
Pro

why would i not be able to drive for six months if i get another? and slow down? we drive porsche's...haha

Yeah i think im going to just get a lawyer and see what happens...not worth risking the chance of them processing it

Quick Reply: Ticket help