Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Just got my car appraised...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 12:29 AM
Driftomagnifico
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock
This concludes my theory that all people with 240sx' are cocky ********. Just go to ****ty cincinnatistreetracing.com

There is a group of 240sx guys that dominate the whole place and talk about nothing but stupid ****. One of the 240sx guys claim that his stock 350z can take z06's and ****. 240 guys must be born morons.
Thats great. Enjoy your opinion.

I'm such a born moron that I engineer multi-million dollar structures for a living. I'm not your average 240 owner that thinks drifting and stupid negative offset wheels are the only things in life worth living for.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Driftomagnifico
Banned

Originally Posted by WesM951
I've been meaning to ask this and I mean no harm by it. But what exactly are you doing here? I mean, you don't own a p-car that i'm aware of, but yet always give us info/advice on them. Am I missing something?

Sorry to go OT Joe.
Would it be crazy if I said I was looking into buying one?

Naturally I'd want to read up on them, which I am doing secretly from my Super Cockmaster 10000 computer while my 240 does drifting in the parking lot running over old ladies listening to whiney emo music after I got off my labor intensive 4 hr. shift at Blockbuster.

That and I have done work on 951's.

Old 05-28-2006, 12:49 AM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Smile

Originally Posted by Bill
I called Hagerty and they will cover the 951. I told them my car is modified, 150 hp over stock, suspension work, drive 5000 miles a year, agreed value of $35,000. The quote was $530 a year.

Currently my car is with AAA. They are not aware of mods, blue book value, drive 5000 miles a year, and I pay $850 a year.

Hagerty is a no brainer. They are sending me the policy for signature and all I will have to include is 4 pictures. One of the interior, one of the engine, one exterior front, one exterior rear. I will have road side assistance, liability limits as required in California, if the car is wrecked they cut me a check for $35,000 no questions. I may switch my other 4 cars to Hagerty and tell AAA toooo bad.
sure it's a no brainer, they're happy to write the policy but how they handle the payout for the claim is the is the question we're all wondering about, whether $35 or 60k, how will they hose you to beat you out of it.

insurance companies aren't stupid, if they can beat you or defastest out of the claim, they will.

Old 05-28-2006, 02:15 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Driftomagnifico
Would it be crazy if I said I was looking into buying one?

Naturally I'd want to read up on them, which I am doing secretly from my Super Cockmaster 10000 computer while my 240 does drifting in the parking lot running over old ladies listening to whiney emo music after I got off my labor intensive 4 hr. shift at Blockbuster.

That and I have done work on 951's.

I wouldn't say its crazy no, but then again its hard taking advice from someone that may or may not have done mods to a 951.

240's are cool, i just don't like the crowd that comes with them as rock eluded too.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:28 AM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

I've been meaning to ask this and I mean no harm by it. But what exactly are you doing here? I mean, you don't own a p-car that i'm aware of, but yet always give us info/advice on them. Am I missing something?

Sorry to go OT Joe.

He's a friend of mine and has helped me with my 951. He has alot of technical knowledge, and tons of experience with cars in general. The thing some people don't want to acknowledge around here is that a Porsche is still an automobile like any other and conforms to the laws of science and physics. True, there are differences from the average Corolla, and those differences might take some out of the ordinary knowledge to work with. However, what applies to most cars generally will apply to ours, regardless of the badge on the hood. Some people are so wrapped up in the "mystique" of our cars to the point where they ignore the obvious. Heck, cars that have only been out for 3 or 4 years have already far surpassed us in many performance areas and we've had a 20 yr head start!

Wow, Rock. This just concludes my theory that all car groups have a$$holes (even Porsche groups). You're only playing into the elitist stereotype man. There are plenty of 240sx owners that aren't retarded drifters.

Sorry to get OT Joe.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:26 AM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschefile
However, what applies to most cars generally will apply to ours, regardless of the badge on the hood.
I had a problem with him jumping into threads based on specific questions and giving bogus answers...

In response to Dan P's question about wheel fitment for track, Dan gets this response:
You could fit a school bus in the front wheel well.
Put it on, if it doesn't fit then add camber or roll the 1" of fender.
Or when IPSC asked if new chips are necessary when installing a larger turbo, his reply was:

If you are running a MAF then no. You shouldn't have to change any of the engines parameters if the chips were tuned across the map.
Is that your idea of constructive advice? If he was working on your car, I'd hope that was limited holding the flashlight.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Driftomagnifico
Banned

Originally Posted by streckfu's951
I had a problem with him jumping into threads based on specific questions and giving bogus answers...

In response to Dan P's question about wheel fitment for track, Dan gets this response:

Or when IPSC asked if new chips are necessary when installing a larger turbo, his reply was:

Is that your idea of constructive advice? If he was working on your car, I'd hope that was limited holding the flashlight.
Great, I'm sure anyone could dig up 2 posts you have given that weren't completely concise and to the point. C'mon man, you are just looking for a reason to dislike me, and create this mob mentality.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by streckfu's951

This has been explained to you, but you refuse to listen to reason.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Driftomagnifico
Banned

I wouldn't say its crazy no, but then again its hard taking advice from someone that may or may not have done mods to a 951.

240's are cool, i just don't like the crowd that comes with them as rock eluded too.
I've installed suspension, exhausts, intakes, prevented one from exploding, and answered about a literal 5,000 questions regarding one ranging from determining spring rates, to engine parameters, to diagnosis, and telling Porschefile that his car didn't need all that convaluted boost control bull**** when he first got it hehe.

I may not own a 951, but I've put in some time talking about them and working on them. I think I'm just as qualified as the next guy, but to some people I never will be because I don't own one. I was a Mazda mechanic for a while, but I didn't own a Mazda at the time, so I guess I didn't know what I was doing then too. Oh well.

You are more likely to find an idiot in the 240 community than the 951 community I will say that much. Then again 951's aren't as cheap or popular of a platform either. With all the drift craze alot of people are trading in their Honda's for 240's and putting them off in the ditch or corn fields attempting their rendition of Initial D.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm such a born moron that I engineer multi-million dollar structures for a living
So you engineer Walmarts?

couldnt resist
Old 05-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Driftomagnifico
Banned

So you engineer Walmarts?

couldnt resist
Hahha, I wish... those would be easy considering it's a giant square building.

I engineer alot of hotels, large custom homes, some commercial buildings here and there. Mostly residential homes, tons of tract builders (DR Horton, Tandis, KB Homes, etc.).

Oh and I'll take a guess that you were enjoying a Porter in that avatar. Possible London Porter, as it doesn't look nitrogen pushed.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh wow yeah that is pretty neat stuff. I cant engineer my way out of a paper bag .

Lol! No, it might look like a dark ale, but Ernie is actually enjoying a diet pepsi. Hard to tell from the pick.
Old 05-29-2006, 04:18 AM
Driftomagnifico
Banned

Oh wow yeah that is pretty neat stuff. I cant engineer my way out of a paper bag .

Lol! No, it might look like a dark ale, but Ernie is actually enjoying a diet pepsi. Hard to tell from the pick.
Ernie is of drinking age, he should be enjoying a fine ale. Diet Pepsi is bad for you
Old 05-29-2006, 06:02 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

"As for dfastest's car... the 10% increase every year is not a reflection on euro hotrods and 951's within that market. 951's are not collectible. At all. They are not old enough, rare enough, or historically significant enough."

Less than 25K 951's were ever made.... in the world. So how many are still on the road of those?

And they are all coming up each year as being 20 years old, which in my state, deems them "Collectable" status. I think "Classic" is at 25 or 30 years.

Just to put that 25K of 951's ever made into perspective. They make about 25K Corvette's EVERY year.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Driftomagnifico
Banned

Originally Posted by toddk911
"As for dfastest's car... the 10% increase every year is not a reflection on euro hotrods and 951's within that market. 951's are not collectible. At all. They are not old enough, rare enough, or historically significant enough."

Less than 25K 951's were ever made.... in the world. So how many are still on the road of those?

And they are all coming up each year as being 20 years old, which in my state, deems them "Collectable" status. I think "Classic" is at 25 or 30 years.

Just to put that 25K of 951's ever made into perspective. They make about 25K Corvette's EVERY year.
You can't argue exclusivity. I used to own a car that was one of 2200 for that year, I bought it for $2400.

That kind of stuff only works for rare collectable cars. I mean you can argue a Peugeot 406 is worth alot here because there are maybe 20 left running in the US, but we all know thats a joke.

Quick Reply: Just got my car appraised...