Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

ONE OF MY CRAZIEST RUN INS YET...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 10:47 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Joe, I think rather than torment yourself by having to restrict use of the right pedal on that gorgeous 951 you should trade it straight across for mine. Mine is fast enough to get you through traffic but not so fast that you'll think about racing new Z06's anytime soon. It's even the exact opposite color of yours so that you won't get nostalgic driving it. So whatta ya say? Do I make a road trip to Vegas?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:23 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.. so enter Silver State!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:38 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Soloracer, come on out, but I'm keepin' her. Ride and lunch on me. Just give me a while to regain my consciousness about the whole thing. I'm reading the replies here and reliving the moment. I may have learned a little lesson here.

ibkevin. I've been in the Silver State. Great time.

eyal951, I'm avoiding the car altogether for a while,

Wes, I would NEVER out run the law out here. Choppers are dispatched and airborne in under two minutes. Plus these guys are trigger happy. Ooooh, stomach pains again just thinking about it.

eclou. That's the last thing i want to experience

OK, I'm going for the Pepto
Old 05-17-2006, 01:08 AM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I've had my Valentine One go off full beep while doing 160. It was a Sunday afternoon on a deserted stretch of turnpike with nary a vehicle in sight for miles and miles. It was quite startling, I know that ship yourself feeling. Never did see the officer or anyone else including airborne for the next 20 miles so I kept it to 120 for the rest of the pike. Kind of put that "Fear of Ticket" in me.

Last time I got pulled over it was by a motorcycle cop. Said He knew I saw him on the side when I passed him doing 120 because I looked right at him. He asked why I didn't slow down at all until he caught up to me at 120 only a few miles later (that bike must have been doing a lot more than 120 to catch me so fast from being stopped with the radar gun out). While fumbling with my license and insurance I told him that I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome and was trying to make it home before I soiled myself and the car. It was the truth. Either the grimmace on my face and lack of focus, or that I handed him a credit card twice trying to give him my license must of been very convincing as he quickly let me go and said just keep it under 90.

A patrol car had pulled up and stoppd behind us. He evidently had been able to use the radio while in pursuit too. While walking back to his bike he shrugged at the officer in the car, looked down, and shook his head. About 5 miles farther down the highway I passed another police car parked in the median. He flashed his headlights and waved "hi" with a big smile on his face as I speed by at 90.

Maybe it was a good thing that you had to change your drawers. The officer may have sensed that.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
Do it in Virginia and I heard you get the death penalty. Draconian speeding laws indeed
Anything over 20 mph posted and they can impound your car. They can and they will. Va. state troopers are not fun people. They all seem to be 6'5" and 250 lbs. They don't smile and I don't ever recall seeing one actually breathe.

They are just pissed all the time and it shows. You do over 100 mph in Va. and they will tow you can and not give a damn if it cost a million dollars. It's gone and you can't go after them for damage. The new thing in the last year or so is they drive SS Camaros with no roof lights. Even in broad daylight it's hard to make out those things......
Old 05-17-2006, 03:07 AM
Driftomagnifico
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Texas, they beat your *** before and after booking, while the guy impounding your car strips everything of value off of it.

It's ultimate ownage.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:31 AM
sweanders
Race Director

I got clocked at 99 mph on an empty I80 an early monday morning and have a collection agency trying to track me down now..
Old 05-17-2006, 05:58 AM
Giantman
Racer

DFASTEST951 I have some spare underpants I have not used in a while. You are welcome to them I mean
Old 05-17-2006, 06:36 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

RKD!!! That's a great one. I'm going to use it!

I've heard horror stories about Virginia. Never got caught there as I was looking at all the scenery while driving. Beautiful state. Pulled over to take pics with my girl. She's leaning over a guard rail and that's all it took for a trooper to pull over and ask if we need help. He didn't see me yet. He checks out my girl like every one else and wishes us a nice day and he's off. We take pics, go to leave and I have a damn flat! This just happened last October. Do you know BMW makes the easiest car jack in the world. SHE jacked up my 5,000 lb. BMW with one hand, while I got my little monkey grip tire plug kit and air compressor ready. We were in the middle of nowhere and we were back on the road in 45 minutes. Five bucks for the tire plug kit and thirty for the air compressor. It was a good day.

Texas was more bark than bite. Scared the **** out of me but just ended up getting a ticket.

OHIO!!!!!!!!! Bad *** vice cops. It's over now so I'll tell the story. I'm in a hotel in Brooklyn Ohio, I know, sounded funny to me too but that's what it's called. I'm trying to get a cell phone signal in the parking lot in my bimmer. I'm driving around the parking lot for an hour in different spots and finally found a spot at the back of the hotel in a corner space. Do you know some ***** calls in to the police from a restaurant next to the hotel of a "suspicious character"? I sometimes wonder how other people see me but I didn't want to find out like this.

Two cars, one marked, one unmarked, guns drawn, screaming to see my hands. Trying to stay cool and calm, I feel my eyes well up. I, to this day, I have no idea why. So much for the cool. I think the adrenaline rush and the flight or fight feeling combined had something to do with it. I am not a flight type of guy, but you don't fight uniformed and plain clothes vice cops with guns not just drawn but I heard one of them click the chamber.

Turns out they had been watching me for over an hour from the restaurant parking lot, just came from a big drug bust and a huge confiscation of drugs and firearms. They were ready to go... on me.
Before they bum rushed me, they ran my Nevada plates, found out who I was, called the hotel to see if I was a registered guest, and get this...the front desk chic says " oh yes he is and HE JUST GOT A PACKAGE DELIVERED". That was it. Had me get out of the car, walk backwards to them and two of them did this crazy thing with my arms that left me immobilized while they cuffed me.

If that wasn't enough, they do the routine questions about drugs, guns, bombs on me or in the car. I say no. They frisk me and pull out $5,500 dollars in $100's. He holds the wad into the air and the others comment on how this was gonna be a good day. Good catch. I'm still not scared in the sense of being scared but I still can't get all of the moisture out of my eyes and I'm hoping to God they couldn't see it. I could just feel it.

They tell me what they were doing and they know about the package and want me to explain the package, money, and why I'm creeping around the parking lot in a tinted V12 bimmer with out of state plates. Oh, and that by the way, the canine unit had already been there to examine the package and it had drug residue on it!!!

True story of explanation. I told them the cell phone thing. The package happened to be a bunch of protein shakes and creatine from my last hotel in Detroit. I forgot it there and the **** is expensive so I had it shipped to the hotel in Brooklyn Ohio. The money was because there wasn't a bank of america in Detroit or Ohio and I was on my way down to Florida so I grabbed a few bucks leaving Chicago and should something go wrong with my car on the way down, it could easily be a few thousand dollars. Wanted to be covered.

I'm still cuffed, going down to the station. I'm handcuffed by my ankle to the nasty bench. Thing is by this time, they were kinda cool with me. They told me they analyzed me personally before they bum rushed me. They said I looked like a bigger athletic guy who could run so they waited until I was in a position where I couldn't run and they had to take me out with shock and awe to stun me into just freezing when they came up on me. It worked. I had no idea they could tell those things by just looking at people.

So they open the package, test the stuff and it comes out clean. They start talking about lifting and working out with me and I get to meet the canine that sold me out. The UPS truck must have had another package next to mine with not so legal contents in it and the residue got on my box.

Everything checks out, my story, my package, and for the hell of it, they asked me if they could check the money. Dog goes bananas on it. It's loaded with all kinds of illegal substances. They told me that almost all money has residue on it and that if they wanted to they could keep it and I'd have to go to court for it to get it back. They were sooo good to give it back and after 2 1/2 hours they drove me back to the hotel.

Meanwhile I got this Puerto Rican/Italian girl back at the hotel that had been taking a nap, woke up and was blowing up my phone for almost two hours. She ends up seeing my car outside, snoops into my luggage and finds my spare key for the car. My cell is in there and she assumes I'm abducted and or dead. She decides to drive around, where, I have no idea to try to look for me not sure if she's ready to be pissed or just worry.

I'm on my way back to the hotel in the back of the undercover geo metro, no joke. May have been a Nissan Sentra. Trashed. They want to search my car just to cover all their bases. We turn the corner towards the hotel and here comes my ride! I yell, hey! That's my car! OH MY GOD!!! They go back into full force vice mode. Do a crazy cut off manuver, I'm being tossed like a salad in the rear seat and as I get my wits about me again and get situated, they jump out of the car, guns blazin' and pointed at my car with my girlfriend in it. I scream like a little girl that it's my girlfriend and not to shoot. (I have bullit proof windows that are good up to a .44 but these guys were carrying these humongous Glock's). She initially thinks she's next to get abducted and she's ready to stomp the pedal and use every bit of the V12's torque for a chase. This chic has a set of ***** that would make a buffalo jealous. (I should note, she's from New York, is constantly accosted by men verbally and has shot TWO people and got away with it!). So now I'm the crazy f^*k that's dating her and didn't find out about the shooting until she shot one of them while I was dating her. Guy breaks into her house, raids her panty drawer and waits for her. Bad move. I think he's still in rehab. She is a looker, some of you probably have seen, but DAMN!

But I degress, I jump out of the car and flail my hands in the air like plastic man while running up to the car to let her know I'm with them. She throws it in park, rolls down the window speachless, thank god, and I give her the run down in about as much time as a tv anouncer rattles off legalities at the end of a sweepstakes commercial.

She starts crying, the cops start laughing and I just realized a little bit of **** just leaked out of me. Everyone calms down. They apologize to my girlfriend. Search my car, comment on the coolness of it and tell me if I'm ever back in town, to look them up. Lunch would be on them.

As nutty as this story is, I couldn't make it up. I'm looking for their cards as they owe me lunch next time I'm in but if any of you in Cleveland want to verify, call the Broodlyn Vice Department. I promise you they will remember me. I think I'll just leave this here instead of starting a new thread unless one of you thinks it's worthy. I'll let you do it...
Old 05-17-2006, 11:57 AM
2+2
Pro

Dfastest...2 questions:
1. what the hell do you do for a living?
2. ever consider becoming a writer? very entertaining stuff.....
Old 05-17-2006, 12:43 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

If this had happened in IL I'd be offering my legal services. I'd only take a third......
Old 05-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats the way the cookie crumbles bizznitch!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Dave951
Burning Brakes

These stories are so classic! I don't know whether its a good thing, or a bad thing that I have nothing to add to this thread except props.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:30 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

I have gone like 5 years with no tickets and have now gotten 3 in the last year or so
Old 05-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Douglas Sorrells
Racer

Defastest, I must also admit, you must live in a different world. I start getting nervious anytime the speedo passes 100. 135 is the most I've ever seen in my car and that was in the middle of nowhere. I hate to think of all the things that can go wrong at those speeds, did you see the thread about the 911 that blew a tire recently at 60 and spun across three lanes? Darwin won't be put off for ever. Be careful.

Quick Reply: ONE OF MY CRAZIEST RUN INS YET...