Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

*HELP* A/F Gauge making car run bad!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 04:19 AM
nize
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that website seems to be buggy. the coupon code is 1030 but it won't let you enter it. it just shows up as 279.99 with handling charge for 289.90 total.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:19 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 353 Posts

Yeah, I just noticed that as well. Maybe that coupon code has expired, or maybe since they're out of stock they aren't allowing it to be used...
Old 05-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Got Me a Porsha
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reply from Autometer

This is the reply I finally received from Autometer this morning regarding the emails I have sent them about the a/f gauge issues:

Hello.

To start with, we offer some of the best customer support in the automotive industry. You can not believe everything you read online from one disgruntled customer. Besides, I see nothing in there written by anyone from Auto Meter. I do not know who this person sent the e mails to, but we reply to ALL service e mails within 1 to 3 days (even though our site says to please allow for up to 7). Just as I am replying to yours. I am sorry if his e mails are somehow not making it to us.
As for the problem, that is not a common issue. If the gauge is truly causing an issue with the O2 sensor, then all the customer needs to do is send the gauge in to us where we can test it, service it, or replace it. If within a year, there is no charge, all covered under warranty. If outside of a year old, we will still test it at no charge. It is then up to the customer to let us know what he/she would like done if there are any charges.
Please let me know if there is anything that I can assist you with. Thank you.
Cory
Tech/Service

Apparently if its less than a year old, youre in good shape.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:04 PM
Anders Flodin
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I just installed my autometer, the ground wire slipped out of the ground connections, car ran like crap. Connected the ground, car runs perfectly....so ground wire is essential, something happens with the voltage on the sensor wire from the gauge when the ground is not connected, maybe that is what is failing inside the gauge since a lot of people seems to be complaining about the autometer gauge and that they fail too often causing the engine to run bad.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:26 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Anders Flodin
I just installed my autometer, the ground wire slipped out of the ground connections, car ran like crap. Connected the ground, car runs perfectly....so ground wire is essential, something happens with the voltage on the sensor wire from the gauge when the ground is not connected, maybe that is what is failing inside the gauge since a lot of people seems to be complaining about the autometer gauge and that they fail too often causing the engine to run bad.
That's a 12 year old thread. I don't think many people are using narrow bands anymore
Old 03-13-2018, 03:48 PM
Anders Flodin
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I am sure you are right about that, but I ended up on this thread when googling so I thought I might just add my observation. Not looking to fire up the thread....

Quick Reply: *HELP* A/F Gauge making car run bad!!!!