Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Powerhaus, thanks for the advice, help and expertise!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 08:47 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you mean the red 951, yes indeedy. it a beautiful car/engine combo and was part of the tour.

no chain tensioner, belt driven from the outside of the cam housing.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:02 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

""Hey Todd, thanks for thinking of Powerhaus for your engine needs but without significant tuning time I probably can't help you" "

I would have been more then happy with that reply.

I emailed them because they have built and tuned one of the fastest 951's on the planet. I was willing to pay their "top dollar" if they could have helped me out.

All Dave showed was that he could not and/or would not help me out. I understood and took his tone of the email to be completely friendly and polite, but the context was what it was, LACKING.

"Have VR do your chips"

John said he can not do chips either due to not knowing the specs of my MAF since it was not a VR MAF. Even with a dyno - a/f datalog he said he I would be more in $$ then just buying his MAF/chip.

Current or future customer is the issue. ANYONE is always a "potential" customer. Even a current customer is a "potential" customer in that they might or might not due business with you again.

My point was to teach David a lesson on business and, regardless of anyone in here admitting it, this will sit in "potential" customer's heads if they do new or return business with PH or go onto LR or VR.

I do not like to be "dismissed". That is what he did to me in that email. I could care less about how knowledgable, successful or experienced ANY company thinks they are. Trust me, if this really was an issue of mine, I would be sure to make a dent in PH's profit margins. It is too easy for me to just keep working on it myself or talk with other companies/tuners.

If you do not provide customer service, you will soon find yourself out of business. I would bet that VR has gotten a vast majority of business simply because John provides such outstanding customer service and word of mouth has carried that back to John's revenue.

Dfast: No problem buddy. Make sure you let me know when you are back in Orlando again. Would be great if you could make the get together Mem. Weekend.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:07 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pk951
Quote Toddk-911
I guess you should call John at VR and tell him to stop working on his head/cam. We all know how John loves to produce parts that offer very little gains over stock.

Quote Andial-951
Are you sure VR will help you if you haven't bought any of their stuff and/or have competing vendors equipment on your car?

Would you.
?????

Well, VR has always been helpful to me and other's that do not have VR products. And YES, any company should be more then helpful to those that do not have their products so someday they jsut might buy yours or refer your products to others.

The head/cam quote, if you read the thread, was being sarcastic as we all know VR does not work on anyting that does not yield great results.

Hey, I was completly misquoted!! I feel like a celebrity

Quick Reply: Powerhaus, thanks for the advice, help and expertise!!!