Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

More on my throttle problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suspect your throttle body shaft leaking air at WOT. Does the shaft feel snug inside the throttle body ? U might try carefully spraying it with some quick start while your cold engine is idling and see if it gains rpms.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:52 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you check your IC hoses. Sounds like you blew one off or one is cracked. I've had that problem before. It goes with out saying that you need to check all of your vacuum lines.

Rip IT, when I rebuilt my TB I had seals cracked and falling out and never had this problem.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by five-o
I guess it's going to be a process of elimination. I was hoping someone else may have had this problem in the past. Well, if I ever figure this out I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the input.
I think many of us have had similar problems... loose i/c hoses, faulty plug wires/ignition and/or faulty AFM are the most frequent sources of this type of problem in my (limited) experience. Of course, most of us have systems that we know work together when not malfunctioning, so it is a little easier -- your problem is that you cannot be sure your basic configuration even works. I'd beg, borrow or beg more to return it to stock (chips/fpr, etc.), and work from there if the problem persists. Once it works as intended, you can then add performance parts...
Old 03-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by por951turbo
Did you check your IC hoses. Sounds like you blew one off or one is cracked. I've had that problem before. It goes with out saying that you need to check all of your vacuum lines.

Rip IT, when I rebuilt my TB I had seals cracked and falling out and never had this problem.
I am thinking it only happens at WOT, pressure is probably being place on the throttle shaft and this is when the problem appears. It may be a long shot, makes sense to me... a can of quick start is probably less than $ 5 CHEAP!!

How much does a coil, wires, distributor cap, chips, afm,fpr cost $1000 ???
It 's amazing how much trouble a simple air leak can cause
Old 03-08-2006, 11:55 AM
five-o
Instructor

I really appreciate all the information. You've given me a place to start. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: More on my throttle problem