Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Allow myself to introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 11:35 PM
BNG
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sh944
Excellent! Another KC track guy! We've got to get you to hook up with us. If you want, bring your car over and we'll put it up on the lift and see if we can figure out whats going on with your vibration.

Out of curiosity, how long has the problem been occuring, and how long has the car been run without the power steering pump? The power assist reduces the stress on the steering input shaft and the extra effort required without it might be causing advanced wear on it. Just a guess here, but when you turn the steering wheel slightly, you might be taking out the "slack" in it, making the vibration go away.

Hope to meet up with you soon!

Regards,
Hey Scott
Not sure how long power steering has been out of car. Car was a street car until about 4 yrs ago. Since then seen only DE 3-4 times a year. I would like to take you up on your offer to have a look at it. I was planning to do the first DE at the NEW Heartland Park on the 25th-26th. But would like to know whatsup with it before then. Email me at bglea@earthlink.net if you would have some time and we could look at it.
Thanks
Bryan
Old 03-02-2006, 11:44 PM
BNG
7th Gear

Originally Posted by sh944
Hey Bryan, out of curiosity, have you thought what class you were going to run in if you go PCA racing? With the interior gutted, you'll get bumped into a class where you'll be competing against some pretty serious machinery. You might want to surf over to the racing forum and get some advice from some of those guys, I bet they'll have some excellent tips for you.

Regards,
Scott
I was told about the class thing. My plan was to drop a bored, stroked, twin turbo 928 V8 in it and blow everything into the weeds. No but really I will probably use it mainly for DE and to do some PCA racing.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:32 PM
michael2e
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little off topic but just curious on your thoughts regarding the 996's - how well you like them, maintenance issues, pitfalls , etc- I'm considering an 03. Thanks and welcome to the 951 club
Old 03-04-2006, 11:28 AM
BNG
7th Gear

Originally Posted by michael2e
A little off topic but just curious on your thoughts regarding the 996's - how well you like them, maintenance issues, pitfalls , etc- I'm considering an 03. Thanks and welcome to the 951 club
Hello Mike
My 996 was a early one. Think it was built in August of 98. Maintenance wise the car was great. I bought it in 01 with 30K on it and had to do a clutch replacement, but other than that no issues at all. There is a lot of talk in the 996 forum about rear main seal leakage. Was not a problem with my car. I liked the room of the 996 vs the 993 it was also faster and easier to drive at the track. Emotionally I never liked the 996 as much as my 993. I think it was not quite the looker the 993 was. The later years look better with the turbo head lights. If money were not the issue I would get a 997. But of course money is always the issue.
Thanks for the welcome.
Bryan

Quick Reply: Allow myself to introduce myself