Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Who was building Intercooler hard pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 11:22 AM
wasteg8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So let me get this straight, Ski. I post my experiences with two vendors--one positive and one negative--and your immediate response is to question my integrity?? It seems to me that the free exchange of ideas, information and experiences--negative or positive--is the very essence of Rennlist. It's why I joined in the first place and why I just sent in my renewal. If you have had positive dealings with a particular vendor, that's great. They deserve your continued support and you're free to share those dealings with the rest of us. Why, then, is posting a negative experience any less valid? And why do you feel so free to question another member's motivation just because their experiences differ from yours?
For the record, my name is Dean and I've been a Rennlist member since November of 2002. I wasn't offered a replacement set of hard pipes because, based on the workmanship evident on the first set, I was not confident in the vendor's ability to deliver a quality product and I simply asked for a refund. I always value quality and customer service much more than the best price, which is why I also posted my positive experiences with a different vendor. I'm really not sure why you feel compelled to challenge my post or my integrity when I am simply trying to share information with fellow 'listers. Shall I question your motivation or affiliation? If you are the self-appointed guardian of all posts, perhaps you should share that status with the rest of us. If you'd like to further question my identity or integrity, I suggest you contact John at Vitesse. I've been a customer of his for well over a year, and I'm quite sure he'll vouch for me--that is, unless he is somehow suspect in your eyes.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Dean, Bret here. Yes but the truth shall set you free. That's why I challenge because you were not 100% accurate. It's not a personal attack so please don't take it that way, my apologies for thinking you might be NZ reincarnated. It wouldn't matter if it was VR or LR, I know both of them, customer of both too, just like to be accurate when someone slams a situation.

Yes you were shipped a set of pipes that needed repair by accident by a new kid who was there assigned to gatheringa and shipping parts(but no longer). You called about the mistake and you were offered a set of REPLACMENTS free of charge and free shipping. Somehow and for some reason you decided against that, to cancel that part of the order or the whole order, hence your restocking fee, which any vendor/business owner would do.

This is getting the thread OT, I'm just an email or PM away for further comment.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:02 PM
ken louie
Instructor

So back to the topic, who's going to be purchasing a set? I'm on the fence right now if it's only a 10 percent discount.

ken
Old 03-12-2006, 11:05 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm on the fence too.

I asked Brandi @ LR how many buyers they had so far. On Wed, 3/8, they had 2 people, but I see 3 on the list today. The GB is on till this Friday, 3/17, so there's still room for more.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:29 PM
jgporsche
Drifting

I bought some IC pipes from LR a couple months ago and they were scratched up pretty good. It kinda made me made because I got the polished option, but I just decided to deal with it. But, it hasn't made me stop buying parts from them. I have their parts on both of my 944s.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:17 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ I was on the fence.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:51 PM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I got hard pipes from Lindsey 2.5 years ago. The finish was OK when they arrived, but they didn't fit!?!!
Way too long. The right hand pipe(to TB) needed extensive grinding to make it fit. I still dread taking them on & off....total PITA.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:47 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So whats the going rate on these?

Quick Reply: Who was building Intercooler hard pipes?