Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone using a SFR 3" down pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 03:27 PM
azmi951
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my SRF 3 inch DP off last weekend.

I have the SFR DP and I use the studs with copper plated exhaust nuts. In order to get them to fully clear the DP weld I filed some washers to fit flat on the flange and clear the weld bead. It was easy and worked well. ALSO, I dimpled the DP so the nuts would clear when I was putting them on. I prefer the studs and exhaust nuts but make sure you slather it up with neversieze so it will come off later.
These are the copper nuts http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...wurth6_pg1.htm
you should be able to get them indavidually.

I have a neighbor that is an RX7 owner (I think 5 of them) and an engineer. He said the RX7 guys dip all the exhaust bolt in Milk of Magnisia. He said it forms magnisium oxide when it burns and is a good anti sieze.

When I got my SFR full boat setup I was not sent the 2 crush rings for the turbo to DP or DP to cat pipe (they are the same one). That ring is not something you can just go get so make sure you have them before hand.
SFR was also out of the 3/8 16? allen bolts used on the DP to cat pipe flange. They sent grade 8 hex bolts which I F-ed with for an hour until I gave up. I bought allens the next day and they went in fine. I asked SFR why they dont come with allens and they said they were out of them. A note would have been good since I dont have a problem buying 3 bolts at $.50 each rather than getting frusterated.

But, in all it is a good product but could use a touch of refinement in the DP. like clearance for the dp fasteners. I would give up the negligible performace difference for some clearance in the bolts.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well-said!

Problem is, if you DARE speak ill of a vendor around these parts you're liable to end up on the schite-list and/or banned quicker than a badly-modded 951 will blow a head gasket. . . That's why I put the disclaimer but since you're taking the gloves off (and sticking your neck out by doing so) I'll just say I agree 100%. I'm only half-joking. . .

Quick Reply: Anyone using a SFR 3" down pipe?