Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

3Q Accusump for sale (complete)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 3Q Accusump for sale (complete)

I have a extra Accusump unit on ebay. If someone here is interested, I would end the auction and sell it for 350.00 +shipping in the US.

The hose kit is set up for a 944 and the extra blue racing hose would let you mount the unit in your rear spare tire well should you want go get some extra weight in the rear of the car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

I am not posting the link to run the auction price up, just thought someone here would be interested and would sell it for 350.00 firm off ebay.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Totally stupid question but what is it and what does it do?
Old 02-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Hey Jeff,
Not a stupid question at all. The accusump protects the engine from going into a low pressure state. On cars that see the track, the high G forces can starve the engine. The accusump when sensing pressure below 20-25 psi will force oil into the engine. Some also say that the accusump is cheap insurance against the rod bearing failure so common with our cars. I have not seen many 944 race cars without this set up. The other thing the accusump does is pre oil the engine at start up. When wired into the car, the unit will push oil into the engine before it turns over, thus lub. everything and reducing wear. More info can be found at www.accusump.com
Old 02-11-2006, 03:23 PM
turbinek
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric in Chicago
I have a extra Accusump unit .
Does that mean you run one in your car?

How much effort did it take to install?

kind regards
Old 02-11-2006, 03:27 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Damn I wish I had the cash right now!
Old 02-11-2006, 03:37 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Eric-

Where is the Accusump in your new car installed. I picked up a 3Q setup a few months ago and I haven't quite figured out the best spot to install it. I have seen some people install in the space for the spare or near the fuel line connection in fender under the plastic cover.

The rear space would be good for weight distribution (both front to back and side to side), but it would add a great deal of plumbing which is heavy and expensive.

The fender install would add a bunch weight over the right front. I am also concerned with the potential failure of the unit directly over the tire. Do you think this fear is well founded?
Old 02-11-2006, 04:09 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

i see most accusumps right where the blower motor used to be(between the battery and fuse box).maybe you can relocate the battery to the rear and put the accusump there?the fender idea sounds great,maybe you could fab. up a sheild to protect your tires incase it fails.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:16 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

The fender is the standard place, but I don't know of that many people who run an accusump. I believe evil944t has some ideas about this; try PM'ing him.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:23 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info. I will look into it further.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

The installation is pretty simple. As mine is a race car I put mine on the floor of the pass. side. I looked at the inner fender on the pass side but there is not much room above the ABS unit and should I get smacked in the fender... Running it in the rear will take a lot of hose, for PCA and NASA, the hose has to be SS, not the blue racing hose. At 8.00 per foot it gets a little expensive and it is heavy. I just drilled a hole right above the ECU and used a bulkhead fitting to join the hose from the accusump to the hose going to the oil filter plate. The best way to get oil to the engine would be to modify the oil pump and plum it right into that or tap the block and thread the hose right into the engine. The set up I am selling uses a adaptor plate that sits between the oil filter and the oil pump. It is a little tight with the standard filter but works. I tried these hoses on my car and it matches the length should you want to mount the accusump on the pass floor.
As for puting it where the blower is, great idea but keep in mind with the fender mount or the blower mount, you will not be able to see the air pressure guage to know that the unit is operation properly.
Again, for a race application, I would want to keep it as inboard as possible shoud there be a collision.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

How much does the entire unit weigh?
Old 02-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Claus Groth
Pro

I have a 3-quart Accusump in the race car. It is mounted vertically in the fender behind the right front wheel. I mounted it with the solenoid valve up against the fender and the pressure gauge at the bottom. You have to remove the inner wheel well to see that there is just enough room for it. The hose is routed forward between the fender and inner wheel well. Wiring can go through a grommet right into the passenger compartment.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:17 AM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Claus, did you have any pics of the setup?
Old 02-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This sounds awesome. . . I'm seriously thinking about it. . .
Old 02-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Claus Groth
Pro

I didn't take any photos of it. If I get home from work early enough tomorrow or Tuesday, I'll remove the wheel and wheelwell and take a couple of photos and post them here.

Quick Reply: 3Q Accusump for sale (complete)