Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 11:29 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silberner Turbo
Is that a joke?
I don't think it was, but lets pretend it wasn't asked, and be nice about it.

zerMATT, FMIC's are run alone, and are usually significant;y bigger. Some require significant changes to the front structure and may include A/C delete needs as well. There really are very few upgrades that are bolt on, and those have no documented, independently tested, proof that they really have made a great improvement.
Those that have required a lot of modification, usually are able to show a significant gain, but again, they are so much largger that they should. Check corleones car as an example. MySwiss, machtig turbo, though banned, can be found on 951forums, with his broadfoot IC, and what was nec, to install, but overall, there isn't a lot of off the shelf stuff to choose from.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:32 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Turby
Broadfoot, SFR front mount, or lindsey stage II intercooler? Which is best? Second, and last place..............
when you find out tell the rest of us. A comprehensive test has been needed for years. You won't get anything but subjective conjecture for a real answer.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:33 PM
special tool
Banned

Yes, Machtig has been banned - we will definitely never see him here again.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:53 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpine951
These look doable. Minimal pressure drop. You go drop it in the same location as the SFR one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBO...QQcmdZViewItem

You have to be careful what you buy off of Ebay because 90% of it is junk.Another thing to think about is that the intercooler has to be exactly the right dimensions or it will not fit without cutting,grinding,etc..........On the other side of this............. if you get it small enough to fit easily, then you probably have an intercooler that is smaller then stock Finally, we have dropped the price over the years even though the cores and material prices have gone up.We are not going to drop it any lower unless there was a group buy or something to that effect.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:16 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Here are more intercoolers to chose fromhttp://www.forcedinductions.com/product4.htm plus info on turbo codes.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Cliff Ruckstuhl
Burning Brakes

Group Buy for the big SFR IC sounds interesting, What would the number's need to be for the best deal??? Tim, do you have any performance number's for your IC?

Wolf Pack 88 951
Old 02-20-2006, 12:41 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Originally Posted by Wolf Pack
Group Buy for the big SFR IC sounds interesting, What would the number's need to be for the best deal??? Tim, do you have any performance number's for your IC?

Wolf Pack 88 951

As far as numbers go.....about 5-10 people would work to get something going.As far as performance goes....there is a dyno chart on our website from a few years ago and we got 14 hp and 18ft/lbs at the wheels.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:03 PM
IanS
Instructor

I never found that dyno before. You should link it off the intercooler page. I was under the impression there were no performance numbers for the IC.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:49 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Originally Posted by IanS
I never found that dyno before. You should link it off the intercooler page. I was under the impression there were no performance numbers for the IC.

It has been linked to the intercooler page.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:19 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Interesting... should we assume that you concluded the run after the peak started to come down, or does the intercooler mod really rob you of HP after 5200 rpm?

I have no doubt that there are good hp gains to be had from getting a larger intercooler in there. Do you have any dyno runs for the modded stock intercooler?

Regards,
Old 02-20-2006, 07:50 PM
TurboTim
Banned

The dyno was from many years ago.We did a couple before runs and took the best one.Unfortunately, it didnt end at the same rpm as the best after run we plotted it against.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:43 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Tim, If you guys get a chance, a current dyno with full data woulld be exactly what I was looking for, to finally put a new intecooler in the budget. The lack of reliable comparisons have kept it on the very back of the list. Considering the competition has their own dyno now, it's probably safe to assume that we will see a number of dyno runs with all of their stuff, including IC's. Thanks. E

Quick Reply: INTERCOOLERS!!!!!!