Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OT: High Speed Pursuit Today

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Carry a Marksman Repeater, a pretty real looking BB gun. 17 dollars at walmart, and IF someone else pulls out a gun, shoot a bb at the bitch and run away!

available in black or silver
Attached Images   
Old 01-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Rene
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think twice about that. They may shoot back with more than just a BB.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rock
Carry a Marksman Repeater, a pretty real looking BB gun. 17 dollars at walmart, and IF someone else pulls out a gun, shoot a bb at the bitch and run away!

available in black or silver
That may be the dumbest, most dangerous thing I have EVER read on this forum. If you pull that toy on me, you WILL be dead before you even havve a bead. Mine doesn't shoot bb's it shoots .45 ACP, and I am an expert with a fire arm, and a retired Marine Sniper.
PLEASE...don't anyone follow this idea. There is one time and only one to pull a gun. That is when you ARE going to kill a man. Period.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:14 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Not to mention the fact that if the person you "pulled" the BB Gun on calls the cops, you will get in as much trouble as if it was a real gun.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

Rock, you wouldn't happen to have a silver GMC Envoy
Old 01-13-2006, 09:39 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes I miss my 928, I never did get a good chance to flip some coins out at tailgaters while I had it..

When I have a tailgater I usually just let go of the throttle and coast down to slower speed, then I either let them pass me or gun it and they are gone.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Mike1982
Drifting

I have a couple people tailgate me BAD on the highway or 2 lane road where you can pass. I do like above and first speed up some, not to much. If they still are right on my bumper I then slow down to the speed limit. (This usually causes them to actually slow down and back off) When this is still doesn't work, I wait about a mile then slow down 5 under. I keep this pace of every mile or so slowing down 5 mph until we are just crawling if they still ride me very bad. Once they pass, opps brights are on and keep a nice safe distance so they don't try to brake check me. I only keep the brights on for about a min or 2 tops, but I think they get the idea.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:11 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

And FL just became a "Right to Kill" state
Old 01-13-2006, 03:14 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

I had some high school kids one night come up behind me and flash some fake police lights...so I start to pull over pissed as I had a couple of beers...then they go by laughing and what not...

So I give a little chase to scare them and hopefully they won't do it again to the wrong person.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:40 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by toddk911
And FL just became a "Right to Kill" state
and FAR LESS SAFE! IMHO
You almost have to shoot first now. Bad law. Hell insane law! No retreat requirement at all, just a belief of mortal danger. ****! I feel like that everytime I drive down I 95. Not well thought out.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:56 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Since we are OT already here...........

I had a guy pull a .38 on me last nite. I was out riding my bike (bicycle) after work, took a shortcut down the local bike path to get to a road with a big hill on it I like to climb. It was starting to get a little dark, sorta dusk. The guy was walking on the left side of the path as I approached him from behind. I announced myself "On your right". It looked like he didn't hear me. So I announced again as I was almost to him. "On your right". He still didn't hear me. So at that point I just rolled on by on his right hoping not to startle him (happens on the bikepath, that is why I don't like to ride it much, when people get startled they jump and sometimes cause an accident). Anyway, as I was almost up to him, he suddenly heard me, spun around, and while spinning around reached into his coat and pulled out a revolver that looked like a .38 (I'm no gun expert). I about shat my pants. He processed the scene in about a second and said "Sorry, you startled me!" and went to put the gun away. I quickly passed him and accellerated quickly up the path and out of his sight.

It wasn't like we were in a rough area or anything. There was no need to pull the gun and if you are walking on a bike path you should expect to have cyclists go by you and be mindful of it. I would have told him off.........but................he was the one with the gun and I had none. It shook me up a little bit but I guess it is no big deal now.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:05 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by tifosiman
Since we are OT already here...........

I had a guy pull a .38 on me last nite. I was out riding my bike (bicycle) after work, took a shortcut down the local bike path to get to a road with a big hill on it I like to climb. It was starting to get a little dark, sorta dusk. The guy was walking on the left side of the path as I approached him from behind. I announced myself "On your right". It looked like he didn't hear me. So I announced again as I was almost to him. "On your right". He still didn't hear me. So at that point I just rolled on by on his right hoping not to startle him (happens on the bikepath, that is why I don't like to ride it much, when people get startled they jump and sometimes cause an accident). Anyway, as I was almost up to him, he suddenly heard me, spun around, and while spinning around reached into his coat and pulled out a revolver that looked like a .38 (I'm no gun expert). I about shat my pants. He processed the scene in about a second and said "Sorry, you startled me!" and went to put the gun away. I quickly passed him and accellerated quickly up the path and out of his sight.

It wasn't like we were in a rough area or anything. There was no need to pull the gun and if you are walking on a bike path you should expect to have cyclists go by you and be mindful of it. I would have told him off.........but................he was the one with the gun and I had none. It shook me up a little bit but I guess it is no big deal now.
Another problem is they are jamming with their ipods and don't hear you!
They need to make some sort of high off pitch thing you can sound when in a situation like that....like the pitch of the ambulance. Just give them a woop woop.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:40 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

That does suck Tifo. Figures it would happen on a climb. I'll bet your legs felt awfully fresh after you saw the gun! lol
BTW that's just another example of why you NEVER want to have a fake gun. Even a mistake can get you very dead.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:37 PM
eospeed
Racer

I had some big fat *** redneck in a turbo diesel pickup try to chase me once . I slowed down to turn and he pulled a dukes of hazard on me . Swung around me as I waited for traffic an as he jumped out(he was big an looked smelly an drunk. I popped it in reverse fliped a bitch an took off.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:55 PM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

ehall.......
You don't happen to still have an M40 or M24 in the safe do you??

Quick Reply: OT: High Speed Pursuit Today