Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

a new MAF (maybe the perfect working..)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 12:08 PM
turbinek
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a new MAF (maybe the perfect working..)

look at this SCIvISION MAF Kit on

http://www.promaxmotorsport.com/

see: 944 TURBO PERF KITS last position

What do the experts think?
Old 01-08-2006, 12:22 PM
eospeed
Racer

Looks like too much money to spend on an unknown product that is not sold in this country .How will you get tech support call the UK everytime you need help?? I will stick with what works.Also alot of there stuff is from lindsey.So you can buy there stage 4 kit an pay to have stuff sent over seas 2 times.An the MAF kit alone is about the same as a Lindsey with a Fuel tunner(with shipping) so I would not waste your money on an unkown like that.

Last edited by eospeed; 01-08-2006 at 12:23 PM. Reason: cant spell
Old 01-08-2006, 12:25 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the same thing that Fred Wilks is working on.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:51 PM
marcoturbo
Rennlist Member

I'm not an expert but I think it's a great upgrade

I've been running this MAF kit for 600 miles and like it. Drivibility has increased, turbo spools sooner than with stock AFM and low rpm torque has also raised.

I can't find dyno charts on my HD but I recall seeing a 20 bhp gain on chipped 951s.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Tomas L
Pro

"Gains up to 25% power and 38% torque" Yeah, right...
Ok, it says with ProMAX MAF chips so I guess that if you compare a stock 951 to one with this kit, chips and higher boost then you may get 25%.

The HFM5 MAF works very well for me (I don't have a ProMAX kit). However I don't like the idea of taking a MAF and massaging it's output to make it look like a AFM. It's much better to have the correct MAF chips in the first place.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Transaxle
Instructor

Hey guys - please be kind to my baby...

It is just another approach to the MAF theme. The kit works as a AFM compatible sensor. It measures the mass flow, gets the air density by the temperatur, calculates the volume flow and maps that to the AFM specifications.

Until now we did this for the 944, S, S2, turbo, 911 3.2 and 964.

With the 951, we got the best results on chipped engines with small turbos (K26). The reduced restriction helps the turbo to spool up faster and to deliver a higher volume flow at higher revs.

Here is a dyno sheet from a chipped 91er 951. We replaced the AFM with the MAF for the second run. We also removed that jetted banjo-bolt for the second run, cause it was to small. That's why the max torque is smaller, but the car is more driveable.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:23 PM
tommye
Instructor

Those rpm:s look very high for a 951 w. K26 - are you sure the scale is correct ?
Old 01-10-2006, 08:33 PM
blitz951
Pro

Transaxle,
How does calibration factor in with this setup? What if you have non factory chips or a big turbo does this MAF system work and how does it compare to the USA systems?
Old 01-11-2006, 06:07 AM
Transaxle
Instructor

Originally Posted by blitz951
How does calibration factor in with this setup?
There is no need for calibration. It is a direct replacement for the AFM and delivers exactly the same voltage for the air flow [m3/h] as the AFM does. It is an AFM-compatible sensor.

What if you have non factory chips or a big turbo does this MAF system work?
It works with all kind of custom chips and turbos, as long as the chip software still works on an AFM compatible signal. If the engine would run with the AFM it will run with the MAF kit.

how does it compare to the USA systems?
I started development of this idea, when I bought a Stage III kit from Huntley some years ago. I was tired of fine tune the system with the SplitSecond device - just to get another sensor running. I also don't like the idea to fool the DME by "adjusting" the AFM signals.

I reported about the development here.

I don't know the actual USA systems in detail - so I can't compare - but I can read a lot of positive reports about them.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:15 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Interesting. Thank you for coming here to share your information. It is much appreciated when the maker of a product is willing to tell the board real info, without having to google search and get hearsay answers. There appear to be more and more really good tuning options in Europe, but as Americans. many of us are unaware of all of the development that is going in across the pond. Good stuff.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:33 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

I still wanna see someone try a 968 MAF for the 951.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:06 PM
blitz951
Pro

Thomas L,
What advantage would you get with an MAF that uses MAF chips? If this system increases response then it is doing its job as that is what an MAF does and if it doesnt have drivability problems then it sounds like a good system. If you are going to run more boost, bigger turbo, injectors then you need the chips burned for your application. What do you think?
Old 01-11-2006, 06:17 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thomas L,
What advantage would you get with an MAF that uses MAF chips? If this system increases response then it is doing its job as that is what an MAF does and if it doesnt have drivability problems then it sounds like a good system. If you are going to run more boost, bigger turbo, injectors then you need the chips burned for your application. What do you think?
Not to speak for Thomas, but in the past an AFM to MAf conversion has left a great deal to be desired in terms of tunability, idle and accuracy. Maf chip are designed specifically to handle the air/fuel necessary for the engine and MAF.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Transaxle
Instructor

Originally Posted by toddk911
I still wanna see someone try a 968 MAF for the 951.
Even if the 968 MAF seems to be designed with the 951 in mind (it has a 951.xxx.xxx.xx part number), it will be difficult to adapt this old-style hot-wire MAF to the 951 DME. It needs a special "burn-free" function from the DME to clean the wire. This it not needed with the newer hot-film type of Bosch MAFs.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:52 PM
hally
Rennlist Member

looks like a nice product, stealthy too which would appeal to alot of people no doubt.

Quick Reply: a new MAF (maybe the perfect working..)