Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Wide Fender & Rear Body Kit For Rolex

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 04:08 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rolex, the car you are referring to that you saw on Ebay was Paul Bloomberg's car. That was a beautiful car. Do a search for his name. He used to be on here a lot.

Here is a link where he talks about going down from a 315 to a 295 in the rear because of all the over-steer caused by the wider tire: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...paul+bloomberg

Something to think about.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:09 PM
951TurboEuroSpec
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tifosiman
How about extensions like the ones used on the Motec 968 Turbo?
Those are the fendor extentions i was saying,
I know broadfoot had them on there race car...
Old 12-20-2005, 04:10 PM
TurboCab
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who made the extensions? I like them!
Old 12-20-2005, 04:12 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Rolex - The metal, when worked properly, IMHO, and many others, is always the 1st choice. I did this with simple metal working tools and some force:

And the thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...fender+rolling

I could have done more, but did not have the proper-proper tools.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:13 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I can understand wanting the wider tires to put more power down, but be careful. You can get the tires so wide that they will never heat up. The 951 just doesn't have enough downforce. I think you will find the "SuperCars" that run really wide tires have a lot of aerodynamic downforce. Rob, you might want to talk to Mike or Dave about how wide you can go before needing more downforce.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:23 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

tifosiman: Thanks for the pics, but Im not digging the rivets, but thanks

por951turbo: I will check it out, many thanks.

BrendanC. All I can say is wow, nice job! No cracking, spydering, or anything? I think I'm going to have you fly to me and do my car. Damn that looks good. From there then, I just need to figure out what size tires I can go with my rims and the off-sets. And since I'm not a body man nor a mechanic, who "ideally" would be able to do something like this? Not any regular body shop? A Porsche in house body shop? Or more than likely a Porsche shop who does race cars and prep? Thanks pal, it looks ver nice. If you have any pics of the car finished, from a sideview shot & rear I'd loooooove to see them. Kool!

Old 12-20-2005, 04:24 PM
951TurboEuroSpec
Instructor

Originally Posted by TurboCab
Who made the extensions? I like them!
I know that Broadfoot was selling the extentions modified for the 951
Old 12-20-2005, 04:32 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Found the pictures, what a dead sexy car this is:

Old 12-20-2005, 04:40 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

por951turbo: Thanks pal, nice pics and it is a sweet car. I can see the back, it looks like he has room in there for more. I'm not saying he should go more, for I'm not a tire expert - just an observation. I think I'm learning more toward now to rolled fenders, especially since BrendanC is saying the metal is first choice; and his came out really nice.

Old 12-20-2005, 05:22 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Rolex:

If by cracking you mean the paint, I cheated. All the paint was stripped off my me over a month or so from the car. So it was galvanzied bare metal I was shaping. I did use bondo as shown in the thread I also linked, so that the metal was super smooth after all the forming. If this wasn't my first try, I could do with less body filler I think. Still have to figure out how to do this on the aluminum front fenders.

Here is another pre-paint look at the rear fender rolling. Pardon the mess. Pre-move.

I gotta get a nice pic of the finished paint product. Still no interior or engine though. Or glass. Its a dark silver WV2 paint code from the infinity G35 coupe.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:23 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could try going to a company like www.kodiakracingwheels.com, theyll happily do something to your specs (check out the order sheet). Could prolly get something nice and wide with careful speccing that would work better than something off the shelf.

And at only $500USD for a 17x11, and not a whole lot more for bigger, theyre quite affordable. Theyre getting my business down the road
Old 12-20-2005, 06:14 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Rolex, it take alot of time and money to do it right and make it look right and nearly never looks perfect IMO. This car has 2" flares on each side IIRC and 335 rear tires on Kinesis wheels. But it does have a stock size front end.

Seeing as how you can fit 295's on the stock bodywork, I dont see much of a reason to go to a widebody on a perfect car.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:29 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Default Rolling tool

Rolex,
There is a local VW shop here I was told that has a tool that attaches to the hub and has rollers on designed specifically for this purpose. I've been meaning to give them a call for my own car.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:40 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MPD47
Rolex, it take alot of time and money to do it right and make it look right and nearly never looks perfect IMO. This car has 2" flares on each side IIRC and 335 rear tires on Kinesis wheels. But it does have a stock size front end.

Seeing as how you can fit 295's on the stock bodywork, I dont see much of a reason to go to a widebody on a perfect car.
Mike: Thanks for the pic pal. The car does look very sharp. And you are right, those are some fat-*** tires being 335? Wow. Im sure it does take a lot of money and time to get it as perfect, that is, as it can be. And that's why I am going to look more into rolling the fenders. And I know, there has to be a perfect balance in the stagger. I looked into this alot, but that was based on stock fenders. On my web site, that is the set-up that MattH told me would be a good one, and have the car still be very neutral. Thanks pal, that car you posted is sweet.

daigo: If you find out anything, let me know, ok? Im in NJ though, dont know where you are?
Old 12-20-2005, 07:06 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I like dmoffit's car alot - but the front end fitment doesnt look all that great from that picture. Does that have stock front fenders or is all fiberglass up front?

Quick Reply: Wide Fender & Rear Body Kit For Rolex