Anyone want a 968 LSD 6spd Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 03:40 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lart951
Iam going out for lunch, please don't do something stupid that you are going to regret later.
He just went and changed his avatar. It's kind of like that one of the Hugh Heffner want-to-be. But this guy looks like a total stoner.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:44 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
jlturpin: Ok, I went and got some more goodies together for ya to trade. So take a peak and tell me what cha like. Hummm, let's see. We have a 1989 3.0L 8V 944T, 2005 Masaretti Quattroporte, 1966 Jag E-type, 308GTS, 365 Daytona, a 1969 Silver Cloud 2 Rolls Royce, and a IMSA GTP car being fully restored. So, does anything sound appealing? I want that 968 of yours so I can build me a sweet Turbo RS with 1000 BHP! Sorry for the OT. But hey, did I at least make you smile?

Have a Merry-X Mas from the Rolex family!

PS. Oh wait, that's only what's behind garage number 1, there is still number 2? Wow, stay tuned.... J/K!
Well, you really have a stable full of really nice European classics. I guess if I were truly given a choice on a trade (in a sorta dream world) I would have to choose the 365 Daytona, followed by the 308. Thanks for sharing your photos, and would welcome more at anytime.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:46 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jonathan: Thank you for the kind words. And I didnt mean to go OT, just wanted to have fun and put a smile on your face. You have a beautiful car, and I would love to turbo it if I was in the market. Honestly, best wishes with whatever you do with your car my friend.

Old 12-18-2005, 04:14 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Raj: I contacted you my friend back in 2003 and tried to get acquainted, remember? You never got back to me, which is fine. Hey things come up, yada, yada, yada. But you've seen me on the board, right? Whenever you'd like to get together is fine, just PM me. I have a few buddies that live near me too that are on here, about 3 or 4 guys. We could all meet. But, just like you I'm sure, my doesn't come out in this crappy road conditions. It's tucked away in it's glass box until spring. And you know where I live, it's in my profile. So just PM me and we can talk anytime, ok?

por951turbo: Yes I do, need to dig some up. I dont want to go OT here, I want to respect the author.

I apologize if I didn't get back to you. It have been a few very hectic and rough years for me. Things are finally calming down now but I still don't want to use it as an excuse so I apologize again. I will PM you. Damian would love to see some of your collection as well.
Regards.
Raj
Old 12-18-2005, 04:24 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

gawd dayum!

I want that daytona! That car really brings me back.

rolex....i hate you myfriend....I hate you
Old 12-18-2005, 04:39 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
gawd dayum!

I want that daytona! That car really brings me back.

rolex....i hate you myfriend....I hate you
No, you don't you want the Daytona, you should want the IMSA GTP car we are fully restoring right now. Take a peak at the two pics. One is of the carbon fiber tub. Everything, and I mean everything is brand new for this project. The entire project should be done, "hopefully", this Summer of 2006. The other pic is the car before I raced it and we bought it. So that is what it will look like when it's done, but with a different color scheme. I love the IMSA days, nothing like the prototypes pal. That's the one you want John, trust me!

Raj: No problemo mi New Jersey amigo, just PM me.

Old 12-18-2005, 04:54 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

the GTP is really nice but, the daytona has a special place in my heart.

I pretty much melt anytime I see one. It was a monster of a car for the time and just brings me back to when I was a kid and a friend of my fathers had one.

My father being a dealer like he was back then always had cool cars around and friends who had cool rides.

I remember my first ever ride in a porsche was a slantnose turbo 911. Man that thing was sexy
Old 12-18-2005, 04:57 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I hear ya. I've been raised with Ferrari's around me my whole life. Between my family and friends. I've seen and driven alot of sweet cars. How about a F40, 288 GT0, Daytona, 308s, 355s, TRs, etc. The prancing horse is in my blood, so I know how you feel.

Old 12-18-2005, 05:00 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Posted Images
HOLY

You OWN one? I see that, and my mind snaps to Group C, which snaps to Group B, which other than all the deaths can only be happy thoughts in my mind.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:04 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

WOW. There are some sweet cars around NY/NJ....

Nice collection Rolex
Old 12-18-2005, 05:05 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MPD47
HOLY

You OWN one? I see that, and my mind snaps to Group C, which snaps to Group B, which other than all the deaths can only be happy thoughts in my mind.
Own it? Its right there pal, it's in the stable as you see with the other cars. Look at the tub itself. Full restoration, and a pic when it ran back in 1986. And the GTP series was in the US, the Group C was in Europe. Alot of those cars would come over to the states for selected races. Sweet car to race, eh?

Old 12-18-2005, 11:39 PM
cantresjr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hmmmm! I'm tempted.

What do you think?

I'm in Miami now just in case.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:59 AM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cantresjr
Hmmmm! I'm tempted.

What do you think?

I'm in Miami now just in case.
Are you interested in a trade or something? Let me know more details if that is what you are talking about.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:46 AM
bleucamaro
Drifting

not to hijack the thread or anything, but Rolex: While you have the IMSA car down to bare monocoque, be sure to get it ultrasound inspected. Impacts including hard curbings can lead to internal cracks and delaminations that can cause an ultimate failure later on.

Jlturpin, who was the distributor you went through to get the Autorotor? Everything I've heard about them is that they're the best. Also, how was it oiled?

And to keep on topic. You said you don't want any ford, so I guess a street-rodded '55 Thunderbird is out of the question? What about a nearly ready to race '66 B-production Corvette?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:25 AM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

The autorotor was purchased as a package from Rimmer Performance out of Colorado, at the time they were the only Autorotor distributor in the US. It was oiled from a line we added to the aux on the oil filter housing, and in my case we had to dril a hole into the oil pan for return.
I think I am going to hold off on any non Porshe or BMW trade for now, and oh yeah an airplane.

Quick Reply: Anyone want a 968 LSD 6spd Coupe?