Tial wastegate question

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005 | 02:27 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by streckfu's951
There have been some users on this forum that have expressed issues with the LR wastegate. Apparently a few have failed because of the re-use old stock parts that failed after Lindsey modified them. Not to mention, the LR wastegate is almost $100 more expensive and still requires a core.

The Tial, is brand new and bolts up directly with the use of the adapters both suppliers include. Also the Tial, is regarded as the best WG on the market for our cars.

What I did was buy the Tial from MySwiss for $315 delivered and then sold my stock WG to Lindsey for $100 in store credit which I used on their MBC and gauge plate.

To buy from Lindsey requires $399 purchase price + $300 core charge and is still a rebuilt 20 year old WG. That's $600 up front with no guarantee that your WG is usable to them negating your core.

I like Lindsey a lot and would most anything from them (just not the wastegate).
I second Daniel about the LR wastegate, it uses some stock parts so it's prone to fail sooner than a brand new tial. Maybe it's easier to install but the tial is worth the effort , my vote is for the Tial.
Old 12-27-2005 | 07:43 AM
Ryan in SD
Instructor

Originally Posted by streckfu's951
Not true.
The chips don't control boost. Plus, with the CV still installed, his car begins bleeding boost as it is building. It's the way the system was designed. Also, the stock turbo can't support full boost to redline.

I ran the same set up for 3 years and had the same problems he is encountering.

What method of boost control are you using.
After a review of this clip I guess it does bleed off after full boost to lower boost, but not very much.

It does "bleed" boost while its building though, which is very noticable.

http://www.redroxband.com/3boost.wmv

As far as I know the car only has the autothority stg2 chips with the banjo bolt. Not only does it raise boost but also the rev limiter as you can see.
Old 12-27-2005 | 08:44 AM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

It's the banjo bolt that is (sort of) controlling your boost. It's restricting the the pressure signal to the CV delaying the WG opening.It does allow the boost to come on early with a more noticable onset. It's hard to tell what you actual boost is with the stock gauge and its hard to tell if the needle is pegged from taht angle. It looks like you are peaking just under the 2 which would put you at about 13-14psi and bleeding down to 10psi which is normal for CV/stock WG equipped car.

Quick Reply: Tial wastegate question