Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Huntley Racing piggy back, Please help I.D.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 10:42 PM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huntley Racing piggy back, Please help I.D.

I'm trying to I.D. the original manufacturer of this piggy back unit. The following is as posted in other forums. Thanks in advance.

Can someone on here please help me identify this piggy back setup, and the original manufacturer (since Huntley racing is gone). This computer came with a supercharger kit from them. I believe the small box is a MAP sensor, and the larger is either an older Split-Sec, or Link. I showed some other pictures to a tech at Split-Sec and he couldn't identify the boxes as theres, but he sounded rather young and may not have worked there when these were built. The chassis they are in is rectangular aluminum tubing filled with a potting compound of somesort (not the easiest to pull apart).

It was late when I made the pic, and I switched the 'box-a' and 'box-b' designation in the "connections in harness" table.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:11 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

I am pretty sure original manf. was Pro M.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:13 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Sorry, that was the MAF. Not sure about the piggy back. I would guess Split Sec.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:57 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Box B could very well be a UniChip (since HR was trying to get these to work with the supercharger kits)

Box A could be anything. But it's probably someone's stuff that was pulled apart and stuck into a alu frame and potted. Looks like a MAP with some sort of adjustability.

The other thing is it could be Split Second stuff pulled apart and stuck into alu frames and potted.

You're shooting in the dark unless you can "un pot" it.

TonyG

Quick Reply: Huntley Racing piggy back, Please help I.D.