Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rage2: Update on your sleeved engine? Cracked block?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 04:06 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rage2
The turbo from TEC failed. Had it rebuilt at Alamo, slapped it back in, and it was worse. Rebuilt again at alamo, this time put a restrictor in. Haven't fired it up yet. It's been there for a while cuz Marc has been busy. Compression was checked before we took the turbo out. Compression was 140 across all 4 cylinders.

Who started the cracked block rumor? hehe. But ya, my car's been at his shop for 2 or 3 months now .

As for why I havent' been around much, I got a divorce a year ago, so I've been busy working on a replacement lol.

Awesome! About the car that is....not the divorce. One thing about Calgary is there is a good supply of replacements available - both car and otherwise
Old 12-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As for why I havent' been around much, I got a divorce a year ago, so I've been busy working on a replacement lol.
My old grand daddy use to say, " boy if you get any money and want to keep it; if it Flies, Floats or F**ks, rent it, always cheaper that way".
Old 12-04-2005, 04:33 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ski
My old grand daddy use to say, " boy if you get any money and want to keep it; if Flies, Floats or F**ks, rent it, always cheaper that way".

Rage, good to hear the sleeves are still doing well.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:28 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My old grand daddy use to say, " boy if you get any money and want to keep it; if it Flies, Floats or F**ks, rent it, always cheaper that way".ski

"As for why I havent' been around much, I got a divorce a year ago, so I've been busy working on a replacement lol." rage

see above ski quote and get a rental.....
Old 12-09-2005, 04:07 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, got the car back. It's suprising how much smoke a bad turbo can create! Nobody's giving me the finger anymore haha.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:35 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, got the car back. It's suprising how much smoke a bad turbo can create! Nobody's giving me the finger anymore haha.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:54 PM
AlexE
Pro

............ Who started the cracked block rumor? hehe. But ya, my car's been at his shop for 2 or 3 months now .

The rumor mill is alive and strong....... I had heard you were running 9's

P.S That replacement comment is hilarious........... If I were you I would not settle for a replacement....... Maybe consider and upgrade. Either a stroker or a blower would work.........
Old 12-09-2005, 05:15 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AlexE
The rumor mill is alive and strong....... I had heard you were running 9's

P.S That replacement comment is hilarious........... If I were you I would not settle for a replacement....... Maybe consider and upgrade. Either a stroker or a blower would work.........
Well obviously the replacement will be an upgrade. I've done a lot of test driving lately, including twin blowers. That was fun, but I don't think I can afford the maintainence on 1, let alone 2! LOL.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:07 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 102 Posts

I've done a lot of test driving lately, including twin blowers.
Twin screw blowers? WOW!
Old 12-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahaha, I know exactly what you mean about the smoke, I just fixed the rings on #4, and cruising around in the 951 is completely different. Every time I look in the mirror now I can actually SEE the people behind me. It's been a whole week, and my 4L jug of oil is still half full (right where it started on monday), I don't know what to do anymore... I'm still in the habit of checking my oil every trip, lol.

Good to hear it hasn't blown up.
Those are Rolls Royce cylinders, right?... What are you running for pistons?

Quick Reply: Rage2: Update on your sleeved engine? Cracked block?