Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Which Fuel Pump ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 02:50 PM
stewardx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Lindsey Bosch HV is a good stock replacement pump. Follow the link provided by Darklightening and you'll see the HV is only good to 400 crank HP.

then how did dave make 460 at the wheels with it with no pressure drop? that is nearing 550 at the crank. looks like someones wrong. rob made 460 at the wheels to.

Wes
Old 12-04-2005, 03:25 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stewardx
The Lindsey Bosch HV is a good stock replacement pump. Follow the link provided by Darklightening and you'll see the HV is only good to 400 crank HP.

then how did dave make 460 at the wheels with it with no pressure drop? that is nearing 550 at the crank. looks like someones wrong. rob made 460 at the wheels to.

Wes
Wes you should know out of all people. There is a "huge" difference in doing a glory run, where the pump can support it up the ragged edge versus a pump that can "SUSTAIN" high levels of BHP for extended periods ( hrs of driving let alone tracking). And yes, I did make 461 on the LR fuel pump, this is true. But if I was to make that same power or over 500RWHP with that pump, over a "SUSTAINED" period, it wouldn't have supported that level of BHP. The pump would be maxed out and you know damn well the car would've then run very lean.

And regarding Darklighing and his chart, well, I seriously question his validity. Why? This is the same guy (this is a fact, no BS) who came onto Rennlist and posted that thread about "Pro-m is back" and that his company was a dealer, with "an inside connection too". And anyone who followed the thread saw at the end that the new owners of the company said they had no idea who he was, and that he was not a dealer too. That being said, I seriously question anything he has to say. The facts are the facts.

Bottom line? If you're going to make some "big powa", you're going to need a pump that can support a car that will be driven for alot of miles, for alot of years, and/or sustained periods of usage. And my answer, well, as some know I went with the #044, and I have more than enough in that pump itself.

Old 12-04-2005, 03:33 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Wes

Right, with 55 lb injectors. I am still waiting to see the AF and boost log from that run. Do you know what he had his AFPR set at? Just because something has been done does not mean that it is optimal.

On a turbo car, max'ing out your fuel pump or running injectors at 100% duty cycle are bad ideas. You are just asking for trouble. Give yourself a little extra and you will never be sorry. That is my opinion.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:02 PM
stewardx
Instructor

your taking my comment wrong. i wasn't saying that it was the best pump to run at 460 rwhp on
a track constantly with safetly. maybe yes. maybe no. i was saying it is more capable then 400 crank. and posted two examples.

Rob, i remember you posting a dyno chart with your car making way way over 500 rwhp on the HV pump after you had it tuned someplace. how much was that again? i could not find the chart.

I made 415 rwhp on a 170,000 mile stock pump and it didn't run lean. is that a good pump for a track. no. just showing that it can make that hp.

Wes
Old 12-05-2005, 01:34 PM
stewardx
Instructor

ted. on that day we were not shooting for 460. rob wanted a 400 chart. we kept inching things up
andgot 460 at 18. i cannot remember the pressure but im sure it was high. rob was going
to run the car at 15 psi if i remember so it didnt mattter.

Wes
Old 12-05-2005, 02:57 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

your taking my comment wrong. i wasn't saying that it was the best pump to run at 460 rwhp on
a track constantly with safetly. maybe yes. maybe no. i was saying it is more capable then 400 crank. and posted two examples.

Rob, i remember you posting a dyno chart with your car making way way over 500 rwhp on the HV pump after you had it tuned someplace. how much was that again? i could not find the chart.

I made 415 rwhp on a 170,000 mile stock pump and it didn't run lean. is that a good pump for a track. no. just showing that it can make that hp.

Wes
For sustained used, thats playing with fire, period. The # 044 is the best to have, its that plain and simple. Im speaking for my needs or someone else looking to make some pretty big numbers too. And that chart with the 500 RWHP was done on a load type of dyno, and was calibrated wrong by the operator (idiots) so you cant go by that anway. It's garbage.

EDIT: By the way Wes, tell everyone at LR that they have a nice ad in Excellence this month. You guys have a nice creative piece that features the LR car that made 479 RWHP. Very sharp!

Last edited by RolexNJ; 12-05-2005 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:11 PM
MR951
Racer

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
For sustained used, thats playing with fire, period.

So you're saying that the HV pump can not support a sustained ~350 rwhp (400 crank)?
Old 12-05-2005, 04:59 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MR951
So you're saying that the HV pump can not support a sustained ~350 rwhp (400 crank)?
First of all, I'm not a fuel pump expert. Second, where did I refer to the Lindsey HV pump not being able to support 400 BHP? So I dont know why you are asking me about that power level?

From what I do know, the 928 GTS pump would be able to support a 400 BHP level. Personally, I would feel comfortable with that pump for 400 BHP. Someone on the thread talked about flow rates, you should refer back to that.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:29 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stumbled across some useful info.

I sourced the Bosch 044 Mostorsports fuel pump, Bosch part number 0 580 254 044, Porsche part number 993 620 104 80

It supports 750Bhp (flywheel power)

And i sourced it for US$200, this is not a Chinese knockoff, but the Genuine unit itself.

Quick Reply: Which Fuel Pump ?