starlight startbright childrens foundation cruise

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:05 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default starlight startbright childrens foundation cruise

Well I posted about the tsunami cruise here back in the summer and actually had one local rennlist come out.

So I thought I would post this season's good will charty run(we do this kind of stuff all the time so if you are ever intrested in a back roads fun run..let me know)

pm me if intrested for further details

Partners in Giving For the fifth year in a row, Starbucks joins Starlight Starbright Children’s Foundation, a non-profit organization supporting seriously ill children in your community, donating presents to those who need it most. This year, our goal is to collect 750,000 toys and books.

This is also being sponsored with Mix 102.9 radio station and WB33 tv station.

Mix 102.9, along with WB33, is a proud supporter of the 2005 Starbucks Holiday Angel's Joy Drive, benefiting Children’s Medical Center in Dallas and Cook Children’s in Fort Worth. Just drop off a new, unwrapped toy or book at any DFW Starbucks now through December 24th!

* Bring a new, unwrapped gift to any Starbucks near you before December 25th

Starbucks will accept new, unwrapped gifts at any location on or before December 24th. Here is the official wish list from the Starbucks website:

Joy Drive wish list

Gift Suggestions:
Teen items
Books (including multilingual)
Board Games & Puzzles
Hand held games (including batteries)
Craft Kits
Make-up kits
Building/Lego Toys
DVD/VHS tapes and CD's (rated G or PG)
Batteries
Dolls
Infant items

We do not accept:
Used toys
Plush toys or stuffed animals
Violent toys
Breakable items
Food
Clothing

Our plan is to meet at the Starbucks location below between 8:30 and 9:30 am on Saturday December 10. During this time we will drop off our toys at the Starbucks, as well has have some small photo opportunities. I would like to see about getting the DI banner from Vin and possibly taking a group photo in front of the Starbucks with our toys and with the banner to put up on the DI website.

At 9:30 am, we will have a short drivers meeting to hand out maps and discuss the route and some "rules" to follow. I am planning on being on the road by 10am. It will roughly take us 1.5 hours to reach the halfway point which is a large gas station/truck stop, we will only be stopping for 30-45 minutes then back on the road. The second leg of the cruise is roughly 1.5-2 hours long and we will end in the Legacy Theatre parking lot in Plano.

So here is what you need to know:

Meeting on Saturday December 10, 2005 between 8:30 am and 9:30am at:

Starbucks
Hwy 75 & Bethany
727 S. Central Expressway
Allen, Texas 75013
214-495-8257

Please show up with a FULL TANK OF GAS!! Like I said, the halfway point will be a gas station, so you can top off if needed, but it is always a lot easier to show up with a full tank, so all you need the pit stop for is the restrooms and a soda.

Quick Reply: starlight startbright childrens foundation cruise