Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Help needed! 951 Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 03:31 PM
dc944
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help needed! 951 Rebuild

I'm in the process of completing my '86 951 rebuild and I have a couple questions? I apologize if the questions are simple, but just looking for a few answers to get this car up and running.

1. BELLHOUSING GROUNDS: What grounds are connected the bellhousing/engine block? What connects where? Does anyone have a pic of the back of the engine before being mated to the driveshaft?

2. EXTERNAL OIL COOLER LINES: What is the orientation of the external oil cooler lines? Which line goes where? A pic of this would be helpful, too.

3. WIRING HARNESS: I've refurbished my wiring harness and in the process clipped the knock sensor connector and tossed it before getting the wiring info needed. What is the pinout of the knock sensor connector to the KLR connector? Wire color relative to the knock sensor connector will be fine, too. What is the sheild on this wire connected to?

4. CRUISE CONTROL CABLE: I'm afraid to ask, but is it possible to replace the crusie control cable without removing the dash? What does it connect to under the dash and how difficult is it to make this connection?

5. PARTS NEEDED: If anyone has the following for sale, give me a price.

1. Spare TPS connector off an old wiring harness
2. Cruise control cable

Quick Reply: Help needed! 951 Rebuild