Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 10:15 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by streckfu's951
This reads like two 8 year olds bickering. Sad really.

What is the significance of reading thier thread if for no other reason to post them here?
I can't post over there because I am banned, so my only choice is to post here. You know why I post here? Because they are reading this thread, because they are rennlist members as well.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Ty
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Flames intended....
Fella's I appologize for causing any flames between Porsche Hybrids and this forum! All I wanted to know is how much horsepower the transaxle can take before things start to break! Myself (note I said Myself!) I would love to have over 500 hp from the motor but I'm looking for reliability and streetability. I love my 951 which still has the 2.5L four cylinder at the time, but I'm looking at the cost of maintaining the Porsche engine versus the cost of the Chevy V8 swap. Yes I am wealthy but that doesn't mean I like throwing money away on something I know is not going to get me over 500hp reliably which is what I want. At some point in time, I will have to either have the motor rebuilt or replace the motor, which broadfoot racing quotes at $8000 (sold outright) for the street engine. Not including the labor to change it out. For that kind of money I could drop in the LS1 plus get a super charger or turbo which would put me at where I would like to be! I don't know if $8000 is the norm because I don't have any "Real" porsche engine builders around where I live, but there are some chevy V8 builders around my way. Plus I hate ordering parts online for the 951 and waiting for them to come in by UPS because the local (which is out of town) Porsche Dealership, Advance, Autozone, Pep Boys and Napa don't have what I need in stock when the car goes down. Case in point I'm in the process of replacing the clutch as we speak! If I were to put the Chevy V8 in - I could be back up and running within the day, most of the time because all the above auto parts stores (besides the Porsche Dealership) keep the Chevy V8 parts in stock! Plus no timely and costly water pump, oil seal leaks, and timing belt changes every 30,000 miles. I do have a Mercedes S Class I drive as my backup car but the 951 is my daily driver. I just love the way the 951 handles! I also read where someone on the Porsche Hybirds forum has just added a brake booster which is now swaying me toward the LS1 swap. I'll end this by saying I love my 951 but I also love the rumble of a V8! All I'm thinking about is hp, reliability and cost! If I could really get what I want it would be an engine that requires no gas, no maintenance and would get me over 700 hp, but we don't live in a perfect world! Lets keep one thing in mind, we both are all about improving the porsches horsepower but we are just going in different directions to achieve the same goal! Love to all the guys here and over on Porsche Hybrids Forum.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:27 PM
jim302
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 7up
This is sounding more and more like a Beavis and Butthead episode
Old 10-23-2005, 10:54 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by MAFA
I know why Machtig Turbo was banned Tifo.
Boy was I confused. I thought you are Machtig/NZ....
Old 10-23-2005, 11:19 PM
944V8inDFW
Three Wheelin'

Welcome to Internet Horsepower Club

#1 - The first rule of Internet Horsepower Club is, you do not talk about Internet Horsepower Club.

#2 - The second rule of Internet Horsepower Club is, you DO NOT talk about Internet Horsepower Club.

#3 - If someone says stop, goes limp, pastes from another forum, lies more than twice in a thread the thread is dead.

#4 - One guys/gal per photoshopped dyno sheet.

#5 - One outrun a one liter bike lie at a time.

#6 – Six Pack of Red Bull, stocking feet.

#7 – Internet Horsepower Club will go on as long as it has to.

#8 - If this is your first night at Internet Horsepower Club, you have to talk trash.

I couldnt help myself. Just a good yuck no flames intended.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:30 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't think any 951 is reliable enough to be streetable for long.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:03 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy was I confused. I thought you are Machtig/NZ....
Same. It seems accurate, he's just trying to cause trouble as usual.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:31 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I thought you are Machtig/NZ....
Ding ding ding!! We have a winner!!

I have just about had it with these porschehybrids.com VS. rennlist.com threads. The next person that starts one of these threads in any of the 924/931/944/951/968 tech sections WILL be banned. This is the tech section, not 'Off Topic.'

Thread closed. Thanks to everyone who has participated.

Quick Reply: Special Tool's car is not streetable, so the experts say