Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

story teller listen up

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005 | 11:59 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris White
I just wanted to borrow (rent) their KLR blink code tester. I was driving the car in question and figured that they would charge me ½ an hour just to plug it in – it would have been worth it at the time. But they said that such a tool did not exist. I happened to have my factory manual so I opened it up and pointed to it….he disappeared into the back room and came out 10 minutes later…”hmmm, we might have had that a long time ago but nobody has seen it for quite a while….”. That ruled them out as a place I might refer 944 folks to!

Chris White…and yes – I am in way too deep!
That is what happened to me when i wanted to borrow the balance shaft tool, "such a tool doesn't exsist".......opened the manual and showed it to them.

I was actually expecting them to say that what i have is not the manual, just an internet print out from someone's website
Old 10-12-2005 | 12:52 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
With stock chips i doubt you can get 19psi.
Hosrom ... you can get up to 21 psi with the stock setup .... this according to Markus Blaszak
Blaszak Precision Motorsports
www.BlaszakPrecision.com
4835 Holmes Road
Inverary, ON
K0H 1X0
Canada

613-353-7012 (EST)
Old 10-12-2005 | 12:54 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Jaak: With the CV bypassed and a MBC, overboost cut-off kicked in at 12.5psi or so.

FULLY stock car (except the cv was taken out). Now if the wastegate line was bypassed........that's different.
Old 10-12-2005 | 01:14 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Some will adjust the MBC to max for a higher boost ... and remove the CV. The factory wastegate will hold over 21 psi if the line is regulated.

The stock setup was in referance to original wastegate etc and the MBC installed and CV removed. <y car wich has a LBC and GURU V8.0 chips is fast. I spent the time on getting the basics replaced ... fuel lines, vacuum hoses, TPS, gaskets etc and PCA instructors are amazed at what this car can do. A few took the car out and were impresed!

I got a rebuild stock wastegate from Marcus that made a big difference. I still used the original diaphram from a unit I got from Chris White.
Old 10-14-2005 | 01:01 PM
lleroyb
Burning Brakes

"Happens all the time, people buy these turbo cars, 120,000 miles on the engines, throw out the cv, put an mbc in there and crank the boost all the way up to 19psi, go race it, throw the rods thru it, and bring it to me on a trailer."
see ya

Sounds to me like he was trying to keep you from making a mistake. I don't think he was expecting to be published and critiqued. To me, he did nt say the overboost caused the rod bearings to fail. It was a result of racing. Of the thousands of words I have read about the #2 rod bearing failure, racing without keeping the oil level up is most often the cause.

Who among the pros here would condone at MBC with no wideband or aftermarket boost gauge??

Lou
Old 10-14-2005 | 01:49 PM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

lleroyb, people never fail to amaze me. Sometimes I just conclude there is some little boys with nothing better to do than sit at their Dad's computer and try to stir up trouble. I really like the reply about how to spin a non-spinning bearing on the table top ????
Agree, like u said lack of oil, or get a piece of dirt/grit between the crank and rod bearing=self destruction=spin=in the market for a new crank shaft!!!!
See it all the time HERE....WTB 951 crank shaft.
Old 10-14-2005 | 01:55 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

This is the sad story of the story that never was, the story that tried desperately to be written but couldn’t because other things kept getting in the way — telephones ringing, voices interrupting, washing machines growling, bills arriving, needs, wants, and a dozen urgent misunderstandings. Had it been another day, a day of peace and quiet, the story would have sprouted and grown like a weed. But instead it was its sad misfortune to flit about the room like a spirited little bird, only to bang its wings against the walls until it lay dead in the corner. And I am not God. I cannot take the dead story in my hands and breathe life into it. All I can do is look at its closed eyes and broken wings and weep.
Old 10-14-2005 | 02:06 PM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

Man, I opened up this thread expecting a Tifo-like story. Bummer.

Now I get it...the point that is. Some birds just won't die, they just keep fluttering.

Without-a-doubt, you are "the story teller".

Quick Reply: story teller listen up