Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

A-arms, help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005 | 12:09 AM
Slide
Instructor

Ninefiveone & tifosiman,

Thanks for the help guys. It looks like i will have to change my busted arms after all. Was hoping that my mechanic got it wrong. Looked around and will go with what ninefiveone has said and go with the steel arms from Markus. If i had the cash to blow it would have been any of the billet ones that i have seen, so damn good looking. Especially the ones from JME!

testarossa_td,
Thanks so much the avatar, looks fantastic! Takes a bit out of the pain of having to buy new arms.

Cheers.
Old 10-12-2005 | 11:14 AM
ninefiveone
Rennlist Member

Get the arms that use the 968 castor blocks. Less bushing, more metal. Should result in a better located arm under loads.
Old 10-13-2005 | 02:31 AM
Slide
Instructor

Actually, since the steel arms with castor blocks are just a couple of hundred short of billet arms, i think i will just bite the bullet and get some billet or molly arms. Just not too sure which ones to get the all seem to be about 1500 and look the same. Charley arms seem to be quite popular with you guys so maybe those ones.

Thanks again ninefiveone.
Old 10-13-2005 | 10:26 PM
a4944
Racer

Paragon sells steel arms. You can get a local welder to box the arms. Do a search on steel control arms. There are some posts on this. This would be the cheapest solution but does take some work getting the parts and getting the welding done. You also need a press to get the rear bushings on the steel control arms. You can get some parts like the caster block from Parts Heaven (used parts). I did this and I am very happy with it so far. They have been through two track events.

Mark

Quick Reply: A-arms, help needed.