Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rich problem and a starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 09:55 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Rich problem and a starting problem

My car ever since the last time I had it dynoed has been acting up. The car would not start the next day after dynoing and then I richened the car up it started. I have been running it ruch for a while now and all has been ok. Well, other than my gas mileage. Then my girlfriend was following me this weekend and it was blowing black smoke everywhere at idle. I can not figure out wheter this is something with my chips or my power perfect. The car runs great and great compression and everything else. My mods are as follows; LR stage 2 maf, power perfect, 3 bar fpr, lr full exhaust, europroducts chips, and shimmed wg. The main reason why I ask is that I am thinking of doing one of two things to solve this soon, either an AFC II, or a set of custom chips. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:39 AM
daniel951
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black944 turbo
My car ever since the last time I had it dynoed has been acting up. The car would not start the next day after dynoing and then I richened the car up it started. I have been running it ruch for a while now and all has been ok. Well, other than my gas mileage. Then my girlfriend was following me this weekend and it was blowing black smoke everywhere at idle. I can not figure out wheter this is something with my chips or my power perfect. The car runs great and great compression and everything else. My mods are as follows; LR stage 2 maf, power perfect, 3 bar fpr, lr full exhaust, europroducts chips, and shimmed wg. The main reason why I ask is that I am thinking of doing one of two things to solve this soon, either an AFC II, or a set of custom chips. Thanks for the help.
i had similar problems before even with my safcII. When i started the car i would run rich due to a air leak on the manifold so i would get black smoke from my car at idle. After i fixed that i was fine. If your problem doesn't sound similar it might be a good time to use a fuel controller since they are pretty cheap. You can pick up a safcII for around $230 and they work great for the money. So much easier then using the arcII
Old 10-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

Black944turbo:

Dynoing your car means you or somebody was connected to the SMT6. I imagine you have the loaded maps saved in your laptop. Try (without uploading from the SMT6 to the PC) to do a fresh download to the SMT6 of the saved map.

If you disconnect the PC with the ignition "ON", this may corrupt the program in the SMT6. And even if you upload it and see it fine in the software, it may be corrupt anyways.

Good Luck
Old 10-06-2005, 05:57 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Thanks, I am actually using the Power Perfect. My dyno shop used their laptop and they have the map. I can not set the unit to 0, it has to have a map. At least that is my understanding. As far as an air leak, I am about 99% sure it is fine. I had the intake off and all the seals where replaced and the vacum lines look good and I am getting good vacum at idle. None of this happened until we tryed to get my idle better with the power perfect. On a side note I am not sure if the Power perfect is holding its map properly.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:46 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Please anyone with Power Perfect experience. I realy need to figure this out.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

You may also upload from the SMT6 to any laptop and verify on the Global Settings, the "Lower Fuel Limit". It should be around .31 or .5. You may want to adjust it a little and see if it helps.

Quick Reply: Rich problem and a starting problem