Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I finally finished my turbo swap!....but now after over heating she wont start!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 06:36 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

no wait, nevermind, the end furthest from the lindsey logo in that pic, i'm retarded, sorry.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like your heater is air locked as well. Is the heat on in the car?
A lot of air can hide in there if the heater valve is closed.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

yes, it probably is because the thermostat is not closing off the bypass in the water pump, which is not forcing any water into the engine, into the head and out the back of the head to the heater valve. Now if the heater valve is malfuntioning, that's another issue. The thermostat has to open to close the bypass port of the water pump( that little black seal inside the water pump) other wise, water primarily circulates inside the pump and is not forced to go anywhere. I think he'll be fine after he turnes it around, fills and bleeds the system.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Nine_five_one
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CANT GETIT OFF!!!!!!!

It took me 15 minutes yesterda now after 45 min I still cant get the damn thing off.

...just need to cool of a bit before giving it another shot.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the right tools help.
do you have an inside c-clip remover with a 90 bend? napa might have one. or just try harder lol
Old 09-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Definately don't get too worked up about it, just take your time. It's tough sometimes.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Nine_five_one
Racer

GRRRRRRR

well I have given up, running out of sun. Damn cant beleive I removed it yesterday in under 15 min, today I wrestled with it for 2 hours and no luck!

Well tommorow is another day....thnx guys will keep it posted..
Old 09-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Nine_five_one
Racer

Originally Posted by Campeck
the right tools help.
do you have an inside c-clip remover with a 90 bend? napa might have one. or just try harder lol

i have these 90^ needle nose with sharpen ends that did the trck last time...but damn no luck today.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:02 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Correct me if i am mistaken here, but the snap ring should be set at 12 o'clock position. I followed what Mr. bruce did and didn't have any problems. It may not make any difference, but i just followed what he did and no problems:

Courtesy of Mr. Bruce
Old 09-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Nine_five_one
Racer

Well I replaced the Thermostat in the correct way and she runs nice...YAY!!

BUT, once I turn her off I cant start her untill she is complety cool, I have to wait for hours before she starts again...damn what can it be>???
Old 09-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm....maybe you fried something.. change your temp sensor. mayb eit got busted? and its giving to much enrichment or somethign weird? its in direct contact with the coolant. maybe start there?
Old 09-14-2005, 03:33 AM
Nine_five_one
Racer

wILL CHECK ALL those sensors you mentioned, if I can find them.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:10 AM
E-man930
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the 2 sensors that sits in a bracket on top of the clutch housing is not in proper adjustment. One of them is for referrence the other is speed. Check to make sure they are close enough to the flywheel pins so that they can still get a signal AFTER the engine is hot. The engine is expanding alot once it's hot and it pulls those snesors farther away until it gets a very weak signal. You go to start and the DME is not seeing the proper timing. Loosen the bolt that holds the bracket, take a pipe or a long socket extension and tap on the metal braket to lower towards the flywheel pins, then tighten the bolt back. Be careful not to tap the sensora as they will break, also don't tap them to close as they will hit the pins and shred the sensors upon startup. There is a proper spec in the factory manual but alas they went with my old 951 when I sold her 4 years ago. Good luck and makesure to do your research before asuming what was already there is right.
E-man930
Old 09-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Nine_five_one
Racer

Originally Posted by E-man930
One of the 2 sensors that sits in a bracket on top of the clutch housing is not in proper adjustment. One of them is for referrence the other is speed. Check to make sure they are close enough to the flywheel pins so that they can still get a signal AFTER the engine is hot. The engine is expanding alot once it's hot and it pulls those snesors farther away until it gets a very weak signal. You go to start and the DME is not seeing the proper timing. Loosen the bolt that holds the bracket, take a pipe or a long socket extension and tap on the metal braket to lower towards the flywheel pins, then tighten the bolt back. Be careful not to tap the sensora as they will break, also don't tap them to close as they will hit the pins and shred the sensors upon startup. There is a proper spec in the factory manual but alas they went with my old 951 when I sold her 4 years ago. Good luck and makesure to do your research before asuming what was already there is right.
E-man930

hmmmm. where would I get acess to these sensors?

Underneath?
Old 09-16-2005, 04:05 AM
Nine_five_one
Racer

Car is runnign fine.

turns out it was the sensors behind the manifold...I just reaseted them and presto she starts with no hesitation.

Thnx Guys!

Quick Reply: I finally finished my turbo swap!....but now after over heating she wont start!