Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Starter Bolts...got one out...other is stuck!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 01:47 PM
littlejt1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that would be cool to see...I love Studes. Mine are both Avanti II's, have L82 vette engines in them, one is stock original, the other "restoration" one (almost done) is bored 40 over, and has a few other bolts ons and exhaust done -- both are pretty fast and fun to drive, but in a different way than the 951! I get a heck of a lot more looks in the Avanti, and they're fun at the local "car show" meets on Saturdays around here...no others like it for sure!

Got that Stude heritage in my blood, my mom and her family are all from South Bend Indiana where the plant was...I remember when my dad bought the 78 brand new and I went with him to pick up at the factory (no dealers with that car!)...all built to order when you ordered, as they didn't keep stock on hand, etc. And the cool part is that the Avanti factory was in that same part of the Stude factory...very cool, lot's of history there.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:09 PM
JimBob951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah there was something about those Studes.. They sure were ahead of their time. The Avanti's still look modern, and even futuristic! That for a car designed back in 1960! The 911's don't even date back that far, and have changed alot since then, and have a classic look. My uncle hoped to put the avanti engine in a Lark or even a newer avanti if he could find one. He lives in Pa and is supposed to come down here to FL in the fall. Wanna give him a ride in the 951. There used to be so many stories of that little supercharged Lark. Supposedly, it was never beaten.

Jim,
87 928 S4
87 951

Quick Reply: Starter Bolts...got one out...other is stuck!!