Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OMG! Performance Developments new products...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SWEET!

shouldnt they make the WG pipe connect further down the downpipe? it might interfere with gases coming out of the turbine right there.

(DISCLAIMER!!!- I would think)
Old 08-31-2005, 01:39 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No AOS, interesting. Also, is it ok for the turbo to only be supported by the exhaust? I like how the turbo is shooting to the sky, lol. I don't mean to pick it apart because I really do like the idea.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:02 AM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know quite a lot about this stuff, how it fits, how it works etc. I kinda was in on everything from the start.

The turbo is supported by the new engine mount, seen in the photo. It must be a quirk in the photo, as the Turbo sits parallel to the engine. This is the reason for the new mount.

From what I understand all the parts, including the engine mount will be available to buy. This way you can mount another Turbo (larger) to clear the stock Intake without having to use the stock engine mount.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:08 AM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

BTW, neil has asked me to feild any questions etc, until he gets a chance to visit here. he told me is in the process of contacting the forum to become a sponsor and will then be here on occasion to answer any questions, give advice etc.

If any of you want more info sooner, just post it here and I will forward it to him. He main focus right now is to get the parts finished, tested and priced. They are testing the Single throttle body first, back to back with the stock one, then will flow it connected to a stock manifold measuring any drop at the port. They also will measure the difference between the 4 runners.

Hope this holds everyone over.

Simon.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

They are going to need some serious oil stone work to get that oil pump to seal.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:24 AM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I would resurrect this thread. Anyone have any updates on the new products from PD?
Old 11-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Ryan in SD
Instructor

OMG! ...wheres the dyno?

Old 11-05-2005, 09:21 PM
alexands
Pro

This stuff looks cool. One question, though; What's the advantage of mounting the WG on top? There's already a nice place for it on the bottom. In the top mount position it looks like it would help heat the master cylinder, which isn't good. So, what are the performance reason one would do this?

A suggestion - this company sounds like they are thinking outside of the box, which I like. If they are going to make a system that alters the turbo plumbing why don't they make some forward facing headers to mount the turbo on the front right side of the motor. Seems like most major 951 race cars (back in the day) had that.

BTW: What is the website for these guys?

Keep up the good work! It's nice seeing new stuff for our favorite (and not getting any younger) P-Car.

Scott
Old 11-06-2005, 06:42 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

I'm spending alot of time out of the US at this moment, but I can answer some of these questions. For those who want it direct, call PD direct and get the latest.

Many of the parts are finished and gone thro testing. What I can say is that the stock and aftermarket Intercoolers are so bad that PD is now in the developemnt of a whole new Intercooler, which will benefit the use of their other parts. Testing the whole Intake system showed up the restriction in the Intercoolers presently offered, so further work needs to be done. It never seems to stop.

Yes, this company certainly does look outsuide the box. That is an understatement.

To answer the question about the WG position. The exhaust shown is the test system. The system that will be sold may be different. The WG now iis even closer to the Turbo. It is lower down. You want the WG as close to the turbo as possible. The energy lost by having it far away is very large. The response time increases a factor of 2 at least. The system is designed to fit a stock like car, without to much to change.

As soon as the new Intercooler is thro its testing, a lot of these products will be offered. Wait until you see the multi butterfly system. Now you really are talking outside the box.

All of the products are directed towards every use, not just special race applications. That is why they have built a Single Butterfly, done the mod to the stock Intake manifold etc. The street guy has been considered.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Any word on a projected release date and/or estimated cost of these items? After looking at the pics, I can honestly say I can see myself buying the entire setup, regardless of price. I like the idea of the wastegate being mounted like that, as it would simplify things quite a bit.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Geneqco
Pro

So what ever came of this Performance Developments stuff.

This thread's had no activity for some time - I checked their website but it doesn't have details of this stuff.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:03 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

The parts are available. I paid to have all of the 944 parts developed for my engine. I have not yet finished my engine, but the parts are all done except for the Intercoloer and Inlet system. These are 75% finished. I had them do other work, so these parts took a back seat.

The idea behind the W/G psoition was to get it closer to the Turbo and still retain the Brake system parts. The engine mount in the photo supports the Turbo.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Geneqco
Pro

Originally Posted by m42racer
The parts are available. I paid to have all of the 944 parts developed for my engine. I have not yet finished my engine, but the parts are all done except for the Intercoloer and Inlet system. These are 75% finished. I had them do other work, so these parts took a back seat.

The idea behind the W/G psoition was to get it closer to the Turbo and still retain the Brake system parts. The engine mount in the photo supports the Turbo.
Thanks for the info - do you know what sort of cost the parts are?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:06 AM
davepnola
Racer

Any news ??

Quick Reply: OMG! Performance Developments new products...