Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OMG! Performance Developments new products...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 03:28 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OMG! Performance Developments new products...

Well, through the Link grapevine I have become privy to some of the products Performance Developments have been working on over the last year or so. Well, my jaw hit the floor when I saw some of them! I have the pictures but have been told I cant release them just yet, damn it! I understand their position though, they have been working on these parts for over a year so you dont want people ripping them before you get to market yourself. But I CAN give some details...

Firstly, a whooping great 65mm throttle body that uses the stock throttle arm and the same TPS sensor

Secondly, an individual throttle body intake manifold with provision for staged injection! (there is more to this intake to come below)

Now this is the interesting part... they have an exhaust system that places the wastegate on the turbo side of the motor! The intake is kind of flipped over making room for the wastegate and a MASSIVE turbo. Its really hard to explain, I will rely on the pics to help explain when they can be posted, as they say several thousand words!

I think the throttle body will be released this week and a price set. Basically waiting on flow data to prove its benefit. The other bits are nearly complete and will be released soon. There are a LOT of innovative parts on the cards, its certainly an exciting time to be a 944 turbo owner!

PS There may be a potential of doing a special group buy for the throttle body, naturally this would only be done with the ok by John D / Teddy first. If it runs, I will be buying one for sure.

PPS I hope I have not put my foot in it with Neil posting this, but the news was too good not to share! You can call him I guess and see if you can get more info.

PPPS I will eat my red seats if I dont see LOTS of "OMG"s when some of those pics are posted!
Old 08-30-2005, 03:30 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, the intake sounds interesting indeed. Wonder if it will require re-plumbing the IC pipes?
Old 08-30-2005, 03:35 PM
NZ951
Race Director

I know this thread desperately needs pics!

But... the IC pipes remain in the stock flow direction from what I have seen, and the pipes would be simple and direct looking at the layout. I dont want to give out false info on this, so I will try not to guess too much.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:40 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn hot blonde tease. Post the pictures already.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:50 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Originally Posted by por951turbo
Damn hot blonde tease. Post the pictures already.
he he he I know I know! Everyone pester Neil at neil@performancedevelopments.com to post pics!

I do feel like a tease, but the list of products and what I have seen blew my socks off. I had to spill.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:52 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW, I just talked to my mechanic and I am picking up the part tonight. I'll let you know later the results.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:55 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Thanks Kevin, mucho appreciatd, no hurry though
Old 08-30-2005, 04:16 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see the Neil has slipped from his normal self and given out info.

Andrew, you must be the person that has helped out Link in NZ. Thanks for your help. I'm wondering if you the know about all of the other new stuff as well? The list is quite long.

If you have seen photo's of some of the parts, what do you think Andrew? I think as soon as he can, he will release the the parts with pricing. I know some of the parts are awaiting testing. If they work as good as they look, we are all in for a treat. Makes owning one of these cars worthwhile when there are good products to buy.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:39 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Yeah I know about the other stuff, well I think I do, it was a LONG list.

I have just been given the "ok" to post pics! Whooooo Hooooo! I will post them in an hour or so once I have cut them down to size to fit, then will wait for the jaws to drop... and questions roll in.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Dave951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is going to be one long hour.....
Old 08-30-2005, 04:42 PM
emwporsche
Three Wheelin'

if they flipped the intake my guess is that they would flow the intercooler in the other direction otherwise you would have an 'x' of piping.

it would be much easier and need much less piping if you just switched intercooler sides.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

post pics already!
No matter for me now anyway, my other car (the new project that runs more and will ACTUALLY see track time) is going to be getting most of my attention for a while. But larger TB and intake mani are things I'd enevtually want to do.
~Eyal
Old 08-30-2005, 05:47 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Well....

Somethings to note, to TB has not yet been flow tested (though will be soon), and pricing is yet to be determined. The objective was to make it an affordable piece though by the looks, ie using stock TPS etc... a flange will need to be welded on to accept the bigger TB.

Also, the exhaust / intake (which work as a team) has yet to be tested and costed. The piece pictured is a test piece for dyno purposes, when sold they wil be in stainless steel... have fun!
Old 08-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

i want it all.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

OMG

Didnt want you to have to eat your seats....

Quick Reply: OMG! Performance Developments new products...