Is this a real Tial

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 12:22 AM
rhesus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by macnewma
I had the same problem with the same gaskets that are pictured. I will be switching to copper gaskets. I don't know if these where Tial supplied gaskets as I didn't purchase directly from Tial.
I was told by Tim at SFR that the paper gaskets were supplied by Tial.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:01 AM
azmi951
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NZ951
No, cant help you with the abrasive issue. Sorry. I have emailed him, lots of times, not ever have I had a response, and this was without being abrasive! Umm its a thread about Tial wastegates, take a wild stab in the dark what Tial gasket we are talking about, as you can see others caught on that it was Tial WG gaskets... amazing eh? I guess you have never seen the gasket, I found that cooper gaskets have work (from SFR), the Tial ones are as effective as a catflap in an elephant house.
Ok, Horay for pirited wireless.

Ok, to answer some of the issues, Gregg had discussed with me at length the downfalls of the delta gate style flange used on the 38mm WG. Personaly he hates it, it is a 2 bolt flange and doesnt seal well. However Tial makes them to compete in that segment (low end) of the WG market, to aliviate these problems Tial makes 4 bolt flange WGs. And conversly everyone else also makes deltagate flanged wastegates.
I have personaly never had the gaskets blow out on mine after 40k miles. That is why I ask which gaskets.
The gaskets probably blow out when the flange loosens, another problem with the 2 bolt flange. This bolt loosening is made worse on our cars.
I will however tell Gregg that people are haing problems and sugest that he look into shipping the 38mm WG with copper gaskets or some other alternitive to the reinforced paper ones.

Also what is a catflap and elephant hose???? Is this a NZ thing????
Old 08-26-2005, 03:02 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tedwright
My paper gasket also blew out, but only the one on the hot side of the wastegate. My friend runs a tial on his 600HP integra, paper gaskets and no issues after nearly 2 years. Maybe it just has something to do with our cars?
Not anything to do with our cars, several of my mate with Turbo MX5's, EVOs, Batmans, all have had the same issue...
Old 08-26-2005, 03:05 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Effective as a cat flap in an Elephant house... a cat is small, an elephant is large, in fact too large to fit through a cat flap... hence ineffective. Its an animal thing.

Quick Reply: Is this a real Tial