Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Is this a real Tial

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 04:22 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That is not a Tial, you can tell by the side prifile alone...
Old 08-24-2005, 04:27 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tedwright

Where do you get you're info from My Swiss never bought any plates SFR!

Every vender in the past was offering parts. Yes i used copper gasket, but did not come with tial WG.

Check you're prices before buying.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:31 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by pk951
Tedwright

Where do you get you're info from My Swiss never bought any plates SFR!

Every vender in the past was offering parts. Yes i used copper gasket, but did not come with tial WG.

Check you're prices before buying.
Where did I say that anyone bought any plates? Please take this conversation to a PM with me if you would like to continue it.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:39 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tedwright
Apex, do you need the adapter plates? If so, Tim at SFR has the best price and he also has the copper gaskets that you should use. (my paper ones blew out after about 3 weeks)
After 3 weeks of 24psi on a Vitesse Stage 2, lol.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:59 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

I apologize for drudging up this SFR vs. MySwiss mess again. I know nothing of the details and I agree that it should be kept private to prevent it from mucking up Rennlist.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:00 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by macnewma
I apologize for drudging up this SFR vs. MySwiss mess again. I know nothing of the details and I agree that it should be kept private to prevent it from mucking up Rennlist.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:07 PM
azmi951
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have met and spoke with Gregg Jones (ownes Tial) and ALL his products also have a serial number. No serial number, no Tial product.
Gregg, his wife and other reputable aftermarket manufacturers have been fighting hard to close down all those fake importers making money from reputable names.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:08 AM
NZ951
Race Director

azmi, tell Gregg to sort his f-ing **** gaskets out!
Old 08-25-2005, 05:32 AM
Chas
Pro

Originally Posted by ApexCars
Now, I have to find a real one so I can put my car back together. I guess I'll pay the extra and buy locally since I don't want to leave the car up on jack stands till I can order one.
You don't HAVE to have a WG to drive the car...just don't expect much boost
Old 08-25-2005, 02:46 PM
rhesus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ951
+1!
Old 08-25-2005, 04:39 PM
azmi951
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NZ951
First off Can you be slightly less abrasive???
If it is such an issue to you why not contact him personaly, his email is on his website www.tialsport.com He takes great pride in producing QUALITY products, I'm sure if there is an issue that needs to be resolved he will try his best to fix it if he KNOWS about it.

Now that that is out of the way...Which gaskets are you talking about and what is the problem? F-ing **** gaskets tells me nothing.
Helpful comments that can help to find a solution to the problem are like this:
Are the burning out in a particular spot, what surfaces are they sealing, does it look like it is from a design flaw (what design flaw), do you think it is the gasket material that is "F-ing ****," why? Is it reinforced by steel mesh, bent and damaged in shipping, could it be a gasket from the flange supplier, if so what are they made of.
If you found a better way to seal what you are trying to seal how did you do it? What material worked best or have you found one?

Now, I will be away on a business trip for a few days so if I don't respond please forgive me.

Last edited by azmi951; 08-25-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:29 PM
rhesus
Addict
Rennlist Member

This is what my Tial to adapter gaskets, after maybe 100 miles of driving, looked like. I believe several others have had this problem as well:
Attached Images   
Old 08-25-2005, 11:03 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

I had the same problem with the same gaskets that are pictured. I will be switching to copper gaskets. I don't know if these where Tial supplied gaskets as I didn't purchase directly from Tial.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:48 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Originally Posted by azmi951
First off Can you be slightly less abrasive???
If it is such an issue to you why not contact him personaly, his email is on his website www.tialsport.com He takes great pride in producing QUALITY products, I'm sure if there is an issue that needs to be resolved he will try his best to fix it if he KNOWS about it.

Now that that is out of the way...Which gaskets are you talking about and what is the problem? F-ing **** gaskets tells me nothing.
Helpful comments that can help to find a solution to the problem are like this:
Are the burning out in a particular spot, what surfaces are they sealing, does it look like it is from a design flaw (what design flaw), do you think it is the gasket material that is "F-ing ****," why? Is it reinforced by steel mesh, bent and damaged in shipping, could it be a gasket from the flange supplier, if so what are they made of.
If you found a better way to seal what you are trying to seal how did you do it? What material worked best or have you found one?

Now, I will be away on a business trip for a few days so if I don't respond please forgive me.
No, cant help you with the abrasive issue. Sorry. I have emailed him, lots of times, not ever have I had a response, and this was without being abrasive! Umm its a thread about Tial wastegates, take a wild stab in the dark what Tial gasket we are talking about, as you can see others caught on that it was Tial WG gaskets... amazing eh? I guess you have never seen the gasket, I found that cooper gaskets have work (from SFR), the Tial ones are as effective as a catflap in an elephant house.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:50 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

My paper gasket also blew out, but only the one on the hot side of the wastegate. My friend runs a tial on his 600HP integra, paper gaskets and no issues after nearly 2 years. Maybe it just has something to do with our cars?

Quick Reply: Is this a real Tial