Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

The MegaSquirt Thread (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 12:28 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, the motronic forum seems to be down for the past few days. One of us should check in with Dark and see whats up.

Brian, your engine bay does look great, and super clean motor too. I've been looking for purple power at the past few parts stores I've been to but no luck.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Joseph Imports
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=theedge]Thanks! All of the above Ive deleted the power steering and A/C, those clear up a lot of space. I havent put everything back in yet, still all the coolant hoses, rad, fans, etc etc etc to do.

QUOTE]

P/S and A/C delete on my list as well. Looks great man. Good Job!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:19 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive only seen Purple Power at one place here locally... So I just bought a big 20 liter jug
Old 10-07-2005, 01:19 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Joseph Imports]
Originally Posted by theedge
Thanks! All of the above Ive deleted the power steering and A/C, those clear up a lot of space. I havent put everything back in yet, still all the coolant hoses, rad, fans, etc etc etc to do.

QUOTE]

P/S and A/C delete on my list as well. Looks great man. Good Job!
Thanks!
Old 10-09-2005, 03:22 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

I soldered up my daughter card tonight...

Fun stuff. This card contains the extra circuitry needed to do the following:

More info on the card can be found here...

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?p=69760#69760

I intend on adding an active filter adjustable knock sensing circuit in the proto area, along with the "divide by N" speed signal conditioner.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:55 AM
nize
Banned

dude, this is way too complex for the average car nut. why can't they just sell already-assembled units?
Old 10-09-2005, 03:59 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nize
dude, this is way too complex for the average car nut. why can't they just sell already-assembled units?
They do actually, predone and tested.

http://msefi.com/viewforum.php?f=77&...ec3d1b27a9ef48

Theres a couple places in there that sell pre made ones. You'd still have to do the install/wiring yourself, but those of use who slipped and fell off the high diving board into the deep end will be able to help
Old 10-09-2005, 04:15 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

nize, the average car nut is probably better suited to give Vitesse a call. I'm into this stuff on a super-geek level, its just what floats my boat. Definitely not for everyone.

Advantages: Gain intimate knowledge of all thats going on with the engine/control. Cheap. Fun (if you like this kind of stuff). Rewarding (if you get it right).

Disadvantages: While there are some great instructions and people to help, its not all laid out in black and white, you have to figure out a lot for yourself. Larger risk of failure with expensive consequences if you get something wrong. No one to call or hold responsible if that happens other than yourself.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Joseph Imports
Instructor

Originally Posted by DanG
nize, the average car nut is probably better suited to give Vitesse a call. I'm into this stuff on a super-geek level, its just what floats my boat. Definitely not for everyone.

Advantages: Gain intimate knowledge of all thats going on with the engine/control. Cheap. Fun (if you like this kind of stuff). Rewarding (if you get it right).

Disadvantages: While there are some great instructions and people to help, its not all laid out in black and white, you have to figure out a lot for yourself. Larger risk of failure with expensive consequences if you get something wrong. No one to call or hold responsible if that happens other than yourself.
I agree. Very risky when playing with big dollar components and prototype EMS. But, the real satisfaction comes when you get it to work and realize everything you have accomplished. Its exciting.
-Alex
Old 10-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Dark Lightning
Pro

MotronicCode.com is down because the host sucks on monkey nuts for a hobby. All I keep hearing is, "it'll be back up soon."

Old 10-12-2005, 06:54 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dark Lightning
MotronicCode.com is down because the host sucks on monkey nuts for a hobby. All I keep hearing is, "it'll be back up soon."

Youre alive!
Old 10-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Dark Lightning
Pro

Tired from overworking myself, pissed at getting let go, and broker than I'd like to admit. If you call that 'alive' then sure.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:15 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tired from overworking myself, pissed at getting let go, and broker than I'd like to admit. If you call that 'alive' then sure.
My coworker quite a while ago, and theyre not planning on hiring another guy to replace him. So that leaves me as the IT guy for around 300 people. Theres another guy, but hes the programmer and has projects of his own. Im busy with lots of misc little stuff, add to that a new mail server to do, SQL server, a file server to replace...

I did the two jobs thing a year ago. I had cash out the **** but no time or energy to spend it!

Whyd you get let go?
Old 10-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Dark Lightning
Pro

I tried to get into the IT department; management told I was "owned" by my current department (electrical work) "until they're done with you" and I complained up the ladder until I got to the owner. He agreed with me and told the VP of HR to look into it.

VP was cranky that I went around him and so he dug as deep as he could to find dirt on me. I did one thing wrong in his eyes and BAM! I get my termination papers with 48 hours. Not a soul there can figure out what he thinks I did wrong but whatever.

Could we convince your place to start hiring?
Old 10-12-2005, 07:41 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

I tried to get into the IT department; management told I was "owned" by my current department (electrical work) "until they're done with you" and I complained up the ladder until I got to the owner. He agreed with me and told the VP of HR to look into it.

VP was cranky that I went around him and so he dug as deep as he could to find dirt on me. I did one thing wrong in his eyes and BAM! I get my termination papers with 48 hours. Not a soul there can figure out what he thinks I did wrong but whatever.

Could we convince your place to start hiring?
Sounds like a **** of an HR drone.

You dont want to work here... TRUST ME

Quick Reply: The MegaSquirt Thread (pics)