Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

headlight upgrade (again)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Weston Dillard
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been thinking about getting rid of the popups too, to remove weight and simplify. I like the 924 GT look, but I have also wondered about replacing them with something out of a later model car that would fit in the space. I recently came across the Pontiac Sunfire which has headlights that look like they might be a pretty close match, though I haven't found one to measure yet. I know it wouldn't be a classic beauty, but it might be functional.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Frank...ayphotohosting

Thoughts? On second thought, maybe I'll just trade my car for that one! :-)

West
Old 09-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Evan70
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about maybe trying some 93-97 Camaro headlights. They use a 4 headlight system, but I would only use the low beam since I already have the Euro fog/driving lights. They are only about 1.5-2" tall and maybe 4" wide. I was thinking I could get a solid header panel and then make cutouts for them. They are pretty much the smallest headlights I've ever come across and actually give a pretty good low beam patter as well.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everybody is thinking here.
I have made a couple attempts at making the buckets. They're not the hard part, trust me. The hard part is the stupid covers.... They have to be cheap, since they must also be replaceable, unless you can make them out of glass, but if you could, how would you attach them?...
The problem with leaving projectors exposed, is that it leaves the bulb indirectly exposed, and will significantly shorten it's life, depending on the weather it's exposed to.
Need to keep projectors nicely sealed up.

Quick Reply: headlight upgrade (again)