Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 11:40 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Campeck

whats that in your avatar?
That is the pump he uses for his blow up doll.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:33 AM
944CS
Drifting

wow SP that is pretty damn cool...do you know what the temp is of the air going into yourmanifold?
Old 08-19-2005, 09:26 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

jimbo: "If you have a LR super65 turbo you can make 340 to 370 at the wheels on pump gas. I have run 20psi on my other 951 without ping on 93 octane."

I am runn LR Super 75 And yes I have a MAF and injectors waiting to go in. Was hoping to find someone local to help instal and tune. HRStg 3 MAF w/ ARC2.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:55 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

I talked with John about some custom chips, but he suggested it would be much easier if I had 550cc injectors instead of the 450cc one's I have.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:06 AM
ENGINEERMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I just want to know who won the race!!!

Any news on that yet?
Old 08-19-2005, 11:29 AM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, Special;
you and your turbo are like God; you defy all laws of thermodynamics

And Tedwright is also God; only HE desides who posts attitude problems.

I think Solo posted with sincere intelligence.
The Gods seek respect with their mouth.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:51 AM
special tool
Banned

Dude - I was saying that the acceleration would make you see God - I was not refering to myself as God. Looks like everyone understood.....but Tommy.

Last edited by special tool; 08-19-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:46 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

"Any news on that yet?"

Supposed to be tomorrow night if my new plug wires come in the mail.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:26 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by toddk911
"Any news on that yet?"

Supposed to be tomorrow night if my new plug wires come in the mail.
Let us know how it goes!

(. . . as long as it is not on the street of course! )
Old 08-19-2005, 11:13 PM
dochranilovich
Track Day

As a Psychologist, I'd like to point out that Porsche owners are likely to be high-testosterone individuals; Porsche owners who race are likely to be even higher in testosterone; and Porsche owners who street-race are likely to be the highest in testosterone.

What is a high-testosterone individual like? I'm glad you asked: confident, tough, competitive, bold, energetic, attractive to the opposite sex, and often outrageous. High-testosterone men are leaner, balder, more self-confident, more rambunctious, less likely to have friendly smiles, and more likely to favor tattoos than other men. High-testosterone women are tough, tomboyish, athletic, competitive, dominant, comfortable with men, hardworking, assertive, and yet feminine and attractive.

Given the above, I'm not surprised that there are occasionally hostile interchanges between Rennlisters. High-testosterone individuals live in a world in which life is a constant game of King of the Mountain or Bull of the Herd. I'm sure that if Rennlisters all lived in the same town -- or even the same state -- there would be plenty of head-to-head grudge matches, fist fights, and, if they were legal, duels with swords or pistols. I'm grateful this is all taking place in a "virtual" world where real (physical) damage can't be done.

Tom
Old 08-19-2005, 11:38 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dochranilovich
As a Psychologist, I'd like to point out that Porsche owners are likely to be high-testosterone individuals; Porsche owners who race are likely to be even higher in testosterone; and Porsche owners who street-race are likely to be the highest in testosterone.

What is a high-testosterone individual like? I'm glad you asked: confident, tough, competitive, bold, energetic, attractive to the opposite sex, and often outrageous. High-testosterone men are leaner, balder, more self-confident, more rambunctious, less likely to have friendly smiles, and more likely to favor tattoos than other men. High-testosterone women are tough, tomboyish, athletic, competitive, dominant, comfortable with men, hardworking, assertive, and yet feminine and attractive.

Given the above, I'm not surprised that there are occasionally hostile interchanges between Rennlisters. High-testosterone individuals live in a world in which life is a constant game of King of the Mountain or Bull of the Herd. I'm sure that if Rennlisters all lived in the same town -- or even the same state -- there would be plenty of head-to-head grudge matches, fist fights, and, if they were legal, duels with swords or pistols. I'm grateful this is all taking place in a "virtual" world where real (physical) damage can't be done.

Tom
Dude, is this your senior thesis or what? LOL Put your nose back in the books and step away from the car.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:52 AM
dochranilovich
Track Day

Thank you for making my point for me.

Tom

p.s. I did my senior thesis 32 years ago. Have you even started yours yet?
Old 08-20-2005, 12:05 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Tom

Sounds like we need another psychologist in here to interpret your behaviors. Feel a little threatened maybe? Did he make you feel like less of a man? Why did you just pull out your big manly PHD as a defense mechanism?

Did it ever occur to you that its all just words...do you really think a large percentage of fights on rennlist would end up as a fist fight??? People have big ***** when they are typing words, not so big when there is a guy standing in front of them. Pretty much everybody does it...

Take all the threads where someone posts pictures of their ricer 944... everybody responds and bashes it for example. Do you really think that those people would walk up to the guy and say "yo your car sucks!!! I 0wnz you!!!"???
Old 08-20-2005, 01:03 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Tom

It was a joke and the FUNNIEST thing of all is that you are exemplifying exactly the characteristics you claim we have as Porsche drivers. Don't get me started on lumping all Porsche owners into one category. Perhaps you did your thesis 32 years ago but from your post you're diagnosis is not worth South American sugar. In other words, for us less educated than you, your Horse is mighty high!

Lighten up!

As a Psychologist, I'd like to point out that Porsche owners are likely to be high-testosterone individuals;?

BTW, when you get a chance please post your study results of "PORSCHE OWNERS" and their tendancies in the OT arena. Since you specifically speak of Porsche Owners and no one else how did you go about getting your subjects, PCA? Keep bragging..............post the work you've done

Now back to your regularly scheduled car posting.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:22 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Enough psychology for the day. Any news on how the two cars compared?

Quick Reply: Been called out: 93 RX7 TT