Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Top Tier Gas

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 10:18 AM
EdC
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Tier Gas

FYI This is the first I've heard of top tier gas, that is gas with a higher level of cleaning agents.
http://www.toptiergas.com/index.html
Old 08-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Me too. I wonder who Top Tier is, seems strange they don't provide any information about themselves or contact info. For a company called Top Tier it's also weird thay have a grammatical error on their home page, but maybe I'm just too picky.

I suspect a new marketing gimmick, but we will see...
Old 08-08-2005, 01:04 AM
Charlie944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In this months Car & Driver it has an article on Top Tier gasoline. Top Tier is the agreed-on standard by representatives from BMW, General Motors, Honda, and Toyota on what makes a fuel good. Bottom line was that you get what you pay for, and fuel in California is not the same as it is in Texas due to different concentrations of elements that change the chemical composition. Since there are over 200 different molecules in gasoline it is very difficult to determine which one(s) are producing tarnish and deposit formations. Hence, gasoline makers add detergents to battle these formations, and add life to the engine. Top Tier is just a list of gasoline manufacturers that provide the right detergents in their fuel to battle these deposit formations.

Quick Reply: Top Tier Gas