Vacuum leak or ????

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 03:16 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vacuum leak or ????

Hey guys,
I just got back from Wisconsin at 5am. I took the 951 and broke in the clutch on the way up there and she runs great, strong and the clutch is awsome! It grips hard!

But for some reason it has a bit of a rough idle. When i first start it, the idle bounces up and down for a few seconds then settles at 1000rpms (where its always idled at.) When i say bounces, it goes to 1100 then back to 1000 and so on for maybe 2-3seconds.

Could it be a vacuum leak or ? IIRC, blown headgaskets do the same? She runs great, didn't use any oil, coolant level never moved, never got hott or anything on my 1100mile trip this past weekend. Vacuum leak is the only thing i can think of. My friend broke the cv->wastegate nipple off when we where doing the clutch job, but we got it fixed. It might still be leaking some vacuum there is my only suspicion. The WG opens like normal, but the lil rough idle is the only odd thing from doing my clutch job.

I will be doing the venturi delete within the next week or so. So if this is my problem it will get fixed soon.

Any suggestions? TIA!
Old 08-01-2005, 03:37 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Wes if you're doing the venturi delete, I honestly wouldnt worry about it until you have replaced all your rubber hoses. You may not have seen it but something else may have cracked, broken, be leaking air from age, etc since you last had the car apart. I'd replace any vacuum hoses you didnt do last time the car was apart with Lindsey's kit, and do your venturi delete (if you're still running an ISV you may want to go through the JB Weld seal process on that). If you've still got issues after that, you may want to look more deeply then. On another note, did you use new intake manifold gaskets when you put the car back together last time?
Old 08-01-2005, 03:40 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Mike,
Yea i'm not super worried about it, its just kinda annoying

Yes i installed new intake manifold gaskets. I'm going to order the ventrui delete kit from MySwiss, so it should have every thing i need.

Quick Reply: Vacuum leak or ????