Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Where to buy a Liquid Filled Fuel Pressure Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005 | 04:11 AM
johne
Burning Brakes

Default Where to buy a Liquid Filled Fuel Pressure Gauge

Hey guys, I’m tuning and need to up my fuel pressure. I have an adjustable FPR and cheap fuel pressure gauge that does not appear accurate at all. So now I’m in the market for a decent liquid filled gauge to take its place. I’ve shopped around a bit and prices seem to vary a lot. Looking on Froogle I found them as low as $25, and Tuners like Lindsey sell them for as much as $60 and I’m not even sure theirs is liquid filled.

So where is the cheapest place to buy a reliable liquid filled fuel pressure gauge? All opinions are welcome.

Thanks,
John
Old 08-01-2005 | 05:57 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

As i know, there are only two types of gauges, mechanical and electrical.

If you say you are looking for a liquid filled fuel pressure gauge, then i believe you are looking for a mechanical one? You would need to take a fuel line from the fuel rail all the way to the gauge itself (preferrably a stainless steel one).

Regardless, the cheapest gauges were from www.egauges.com. Don't bother e-mailing them, they don't respond to e-mails (that is what they told me) just call them, their CS is on the down side a bit, but they are alright overall.
Old 08-01-2005 | 06:05 AM
NZ951
Race Director

I have bought 6 gauges for myself and friends from www.egauges.com They have very good prices and great communication... VDO is by far cheapest at egauges. I got mine from LR, I paid $60 before I found out about egauges.... doh.
Old 08-01-2005 | 06:57 AM
johne
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the responses guys. I went to egauges web site and looked through their mechanical fuel pressure gauges. They do seem to have a pretty good selection and prices. Unfortunately I can’t seem to find any 1.5 inch gauges. This is the size that I have now and I like it since it both guarantees that my gauge will not hit the hood, and creates less stress on the fuel rail cap since it is smaller and weights less. I also can’t tell if any of their gauges are fluid filled. My understanding is that if I get another not fluid filled gauge then I will be right back in this boat in a year or two due to engine vibration wearing the gauge out. What kind of gauges are you guys using? Also anyone else with relevant experience is welcome to chime in and ease the questioning on Hos and NZ.

Thanks,
John
Old 08-01-2005 | 07:24 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Edit: I thought you were aiming to install the fuel pressure gauge INSIDE the car, as opposed to in the engine bay. If that is so, then you don't need any hoses (as i mentioned earlier).
Old 08-01-2005 | 03:17 PM
MR951
Racer

NOS makes those gauges. Glycerin filled and 1-1/2" diameter. Any hotrod shop in your area should be able to get them. Just make sure you get the one for fuel injected motors. The places around here stock the 0-15psi ones and special order the 0-120 psi gauges.

http://www.holley.com/types.asp?type=205

Quick Reply: Where to buy a Liquid Filled Fuel Pressure Gauge